91 CRX Motor swap...Little help please :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phantom

Well guys I recently pick myself up a 1991 CRX si with a blown motor, So I am in the market for put in a new motor.

I have looked around and so far I see the easiest thing to do it just go pick up a B16.....But I am looking for a little more power than that :)

If I get the B16, where should I buy it from? also what other parts will I have to buy to get the car running again?

Buy yourself a rebuilt or low milage D16 block and head then swap all your existing parts on to the motor good engine. Such as tranny, distributer, all the sensor, intake, alternator, pullies, ect. Once doen throw it and and fire it up.

if he's looking for more power than the b16 could give him then throwing a rebuilt d series in there is not what hes looking for. the crx is a small car... so before deciding that the b16 isnt right for you.. consider the power to weight ratio. theres plenty or reputable sites to buy from online.. theres a few i think linked to this site. as far as everything you need, search around, its been covered more than enough.

Back