91 CRX SI B20vtec Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ryancarter20

Ok, here's the deal. I've got a 91 crx si with the b20vtec turbo. I'm here to basically get some advice as to what you all would do if you were in my shoes...

I have a perfectly built motor with no problems, in an extremely rusted out crx si. I have another crx but it isn't si. My original plan was to move everything from the si to the other car, but I'm almost scared to mess with anything because everything works and runs so good and I'm still kinda new to this b series stuff. Is it possible to just cut the rusted body off the frame and replace it with the other car? Has anyone heard of this being done successfully with a unibody car? Any input would be appreciated....

It would be easier to swap everything over to the new chassis and wire it up. You can't really just remove the body panels and put them onto the other chassis. 1- the 90-91 is slightly different from the 88-89 in a few places... most noticeable are the front fenders. 2- the rear quarter panels are welded on and into place.

It would be easier to swap everything over to the new chassis and wire it up. You can't really just remove the body panels and put them onto the other chassis. 1- the 90-91 is slightly different from the 88-89 in a few places... most noticeable are the front fenders. 2- the rear quarter panels are welded on and into place.

Alright, looks like thats what I'm gonna do... I have another 91 CRX, but its not the SI, I guess once I move everything over no one will be able to tell the difference, but me... Does anyone know of a good Tuning shop around Monroe,Louisiana??

Back