91 Crx SI Timing service connector Location

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

richmas1

:newbie:Hey all,
Been getting great info from all members for @ 2 years now. I finally have a Q that I haven't seen properly answered yet. Where the heck is that darn Timing service connector plug located at? You know, the one you jumper to correctly set the RPM. My repair manual has it in 2 different locals, "...Left rear Engine Area..." and another with diagram showing a basic location in the middle of the engine compartment (seems like) just above and to the right of the fuel filter.
All the threads on the subject give "try this location or that location" but no solid spot.

Thanks for the input.:wall:
Rich.
{1991 CRX SI Built August 91. Upgraded 10mm spark plug wires, Iridium plugs, custom air intake, 2 to 2.5" exhaust. I've also got new radiator, timing belts, water pump, battery, air conditioning (whole non-freon unit & set-up-What a bitch!), distributor (just blew up the original one-Hence the post!) and the such. I'm NOT a virgin to doing this shit.164,K miles & used daily. @ 38 mpg}
I TAKE CARE OF MY BABY!:thankyousigna2:

91 Crx SI Timing service connector Location......

:clapping:

....for those who need to know. The 1991 models have the timing plug located in the cabin of the car, not the engine compartment. It is a blue 2-position plug located passenger side, upper right corner just behind the carpet.
Screw the generic repair manuals!!:fuckyou2:
I'm back on the road and purring along with a happy engine.:driver:
Hope this helps someone else in the future.
It's a simple issue/fix, but aren't those the ones that Piss us off the most?

:happydance:
Well, I'm soooo happy to hear it. It's nice to know that. The repair manual I have published by HONDA," CIVIC CRX SERVICE MANUAL P/N 61SH202" is where I got the information I quoted in the post. It's also the manual I've been using for the past 15 years to care for my car.
If you all knew this information, why not inform others prior to my post?? I thought that's what this site was for. Helping other Honda Brothers and keeping the cars away from the repair shop whores!
:imgone:

Seriously, all you had to do is ask where the service connector is, any person on here would have been happy to tell you where it is, just because you feel that we should post the information prior to you asking, no one is psychic, sorry if we didn't know to post something that was such a trivial item in life.
And, as a matter of fact, I bet it is on here somewhere where that service connector is, maybe you just didn't look hard enough.

Back