91 crx si with ls/vtec problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

01silvercummins

the problem that i am having with my car is that when ever you try and drive it on the highway for an extended period of time(more than 30min) it starts acting up. Its hard to explain but the best description i can think of is that it almost acts like it is loading up and bogging down for example you can be in 5th going 65 and not move the gas pedal and it will act like its bogging down and start slowing down and then if you move the pedal it feels like it pulls hard back up to speed and then will drive fine for another minute or so and do it again. Its very annoying trying to drive anywhere on the freeway but it drives perfect in town. I'm thinking that there might be a messed up sensor but not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

I could be wrong but it could be the TPS acting up. Strange how it only does it on the highway. Do you have a CEL on?

I could be wrong but it could be the TPS acting up. Strange how it only does it on the highway. Do you have a CEL on?

this ^^^^

do the tps check with a volt meter and see what voltage you get at WOT and a gradual increase.
*looking for thread to paste*

Thank you so much for the help. I kinda was already thinking the TPS could be the problem but there is no CEL. Thank you for the link, im going to pull it apart tonight and check it out and see if the TPS is bad or just not adjusted. Thank you again for the help.

Back