91 crx si zc swap no start HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jonboy330

I just got the car i have spark,fuel and injecter pulse. The motor will try to start but will not run.

The up arrows on the cam gears should be pointing up and the hash marks on the sides of the gears should be even with each other and the top of the cylinder head. The crank gear should have a small dot or hash mark that lines up with a mark on the oil pump.

:confused:my cam gears look like they are off by one tooth will that keep it from runing, i also found that i have a code 8 tdc sensor i have change the dizzy but still the same thing what the hell

ok nvermind timing is dead on,if i spray starting fliud in the intake it trys to start , o yea if it helps the car was in a fender bender then it ran like shit, somebody please help.

does it even try to start? spit pop bark etc? have you checked compression? firing order on the spark plug wires? Have you checked to wiring from the dizzy to the ecu?

it trys to start when i spay starting fliud in it i changed the dizzy out it does the same thing,when i checked the spark no.4 fires once and thats it but if touch it i get zapped.i didnt check compresion yet.when you say wiring from the dizzy to ecu from what i can see its good. thank for your help if u have more help please send it ,thank you so much

Pull the distributor cap off and check around inside. I have seen the set screw of the rotor come loose causing timing problems as well as crap building up causing poor connections. Also check your compression. I have run into alot of motors with valve sealing issues.

ok also i put injecters in and found that i have no fuel in the rail should i hear the fuel pump kick on, thank you for the help, this car is realy geting to me i wrk on cars for a living but im new to the import world

I recommend getting some white out on the timing marks and then wipe of excess.
This should make the marks more clear to read.

codes 8,9,10 mean something is disconnected.
check your TPS and IAT on your intake manifold. I bet they are swapped. :lol:

Back