91 Crx Stero Install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gen2Teg

Hey,

How is everyone doing? Well I'm in desperate need of help installing my stero. I was wondering if any one can give me the wire codes for the stero? I know that the white/ blue wire is constant 12V and that the white/ green wire is the ignition... now can someone plase help me with the rest? Thankx for all who respond.

Your best bet would be to run up to Wal-Mart and buy a wire harness ( no more then $8 ) that way your not in there choppin' wires and gettin pissed off, plus if you ever got in an accident/ wanted to sell your car... the deck would come out and the old would go in with out a hitch. But.... since you've allready started, find the ground wire ( i think it might be brown but i cant remember)... or ground the new deck to a screw inside the dash. Its all gravy from there.....you can guess the wires or go pop out your existing speakers to see which wire goes where. I've installed a stereo on an '88 and "87 CRX...... both times used harnesses because Im to damn lazy to search through wires....plus Im not that fond of cutting shit up. Out of curiousity... what are you installing ? ( Brand name and components) AIM me if you want direct info

To guess the speaker wires you can use a 9 volt and keep switching wires until you hear the speaker pop.

find the ground wire ( i think it might be brown but i cant remember)...

I'm almost positive that the ground wire is black. At least thats what it was in my car.

why not just pull each speaker, look at the wire colors and find them back where the stereo mounts. you should end up with three more wires batt, grd, ign.

Back