1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 Crx Stero Install

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Gen2Teg, May 27, 2003.

1. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

Hey,

How is everyone doing? Well I'm in desperate need of help installing my stero. I was wondering if any one can give me the wire codes for the stero? I know that the white/ blue wire is constant 12V and that the white/ green wire is the ignition... now can someone plase help me with the rest? Thankx for all who respond.

2. htrcivic96sir

htrcivic96sir Senior Member

Your best bet would be to run up to Wal-Mart and buy a wire harness ( no more then $8 ) that way your not in there choppin' wires and gettin pissed off, plus if you ever got in an accident/ wanted to sell your car... the deck would come out and the old would go in with out a hitch. But.... since you've allready started, find the ground wire ( i think it might be brown but i cant remember)... or ground the new deck to a screw inside the dash. Its all gravy from there.....you can guess the wires or go pop out your existing speakers to see which wire goes where. I've installed a stereo on an '88 and "87 CRX...... both times used harnesses because Im to damn lazy to search through wires....plus Im not that fond of cutting shit up. Out of curiousity... what are you installing ? ( Brand name and components) AIM me if you want direct info

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

**moving to electronics forum**

4. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

i posted the wire codes here a while back . . .hmm

5. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

To guess the speaker wires you can use a 9 volt and keep switching wires until you hear the speaker pop.

6. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

I'm almost positive that the ground wire is black. At least thats what it was in my car.

7. geoff19crx

geoff19crx Junior Member

why not just pull each speaker, look at the wire colors and find them back where the stereo mounts. you should end up with three more wires batt, grd, ign.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted