91 CRX to JDM B series Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have an automatic CRX that i have a JDM B16 vtec to put into it, will enjo engine mounts fit and install the engine smoothly even tho it was an auto to start with and im going to a 5 speed manual?

The auto to manual conversion isnt really that hard. I did it with my crx. The holes for every thing are all already there. The holes for the mounts on the cross member. Holes for pedals ect. I think you should be good to go.

i have the manual linkage that came with the jdm motor, the ruber bushing with 2 holes in it, and the shift lever, what more items do i need and where can i get them? such as like the shift box etc?

As far as ur swap goes u will need axles too and depending on what model Rex'r u have u may need more parts. Like the HF u have to change the hubs to an SI or an EX. What parts u use r going to depend on how much u want to spend and how avalible they can b to u.

Originally posted by CivicR87111@Apr 11 2005, 09:06 PM
As far as ur swap goes u will need axles too and depending on what model Rex'r u have u may need more parts. Like the HF u have to change the hubs to an SI or an EX. What parts u use r going to depend on how much u want to spend and how avalible they can b to u.
[post=485906]Quoted post[/post]​

ya i got drive axles already that work so thats good, what all do i need electrical and shift/transmission hookup wize

Im guessing its a dx? You will need the dpfi to pgmfi wiring change.

Originally posted by b16efhatch@Apr 11 2005, 10:29 PM
Im guessing its a dx? You will need the dpfi to pgmfi wiring change.
[post=485939]Quoted post[/post]​

yes its a dx im pretty sure, whats involved with that change, and why would i need it? i have all the wiring and the cpu that came with the jdm vtec
thanks

DPFI has 2 injectors...

B16 had 4 injectors at each intake port...

this is a HUGE diffrence... but the conversion is fairly easy

ull need the pedal assembly from a manual car plus all the hardlines and the resivoir etc for the clutch, ull need to change your dpfi wiring to mpfi...either get the harness from hasport or do it urself, depends on ur wallet size...so put the engine into the bay itself ull need to make sum minor modifications viz mini-sledge hammer....if ur facing the engine bay ull need to make a dent in the rear right corner of ur engine bay to clear ur b series alternator and then ull need to smash down or cut off the old front motor mount....and ull need to address your exhaust i.e. bigger piping etx....oh yeah and ull need to run a vtec line...it truely is a simple swap just takes time, patience and money

alright thanks a lot guys, if i need anymore help ill just repost, hopefully ill have this thing together soon, show you guys some pictures :D

http://www.rywire.com

Send your wiring to us to have it taken care of, we'll add the extra backup switch wiring that's needed and pigtail it to your ECU with a pinout diagram so you won't be confused or have wiring problems.
You've got alot more to worry about =) LOL One less thing, check us out.

how much is it gonna cost me to convert it from you droppedcrxsi and what parts of mine do you need?

Just buy the harness from rywire, it'll save you lots of time trying to figure it out, they have good support too, i called and talked to peter about my harness and had a few sensors on the IM and around there switched around, now the only code i have is 20 which is the ground, which isnt bad, and i was told it would not affect vtec engaging.

For diagrams and what not check out www.fourthgenhatch.com He has a write up on how to go from auto to manual along with a DPFI-> MPFI swap.

Back