1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 DA pains in my rear

Discussion in 'Integra' started by robda9, Sep 24, 2010.

1. robda9

robda9 New Member

A. Car runs hot it seems. has new hoses, radiator and thermostat. Gauge reads nominal. I can feel the heat from the motor in the car though

B. Front end shakes like crazy. Car may be too low.

Any suggestion or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

2. benjaminm

benjaminm New Member

Get an alignment and balance the wheels. And if the temp gauge is reading just below half or around that then it should be good, does your car still have all of its interior? I cant think of why it would be hot in the car unless it is just hot in the car in general..

3. robda9

robda9 New Member

Thanks ben. I've done all that already. Cvs too. I wonder if its my hub bearings. They don't make noise or have any play when my car is off the ground though.

4. benjaminm

benjaminm New Member

Are you sure the wheels arent bent? If all those things check out and the hubs dont make noise (which doesnt mean to not go ahead an replace them) then im not sure what else it could be other then bent wheels.

5. robertbergl

robertbergl New Member

Not to confuse. I'm robDa9. I haven't been able to log into my account. So anyways. The rims aren't bent. I had some nice aluminum konigs on it. Now I have steelies. As they are cheaper to put tires on with the front end issues.

6. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

its probably your cv joints from being to low they get binded and then makes your front end shake

1 person likes this.
  7. robertbergl

robertbergl New Member

I think you are right. I posted a suspension thread in the suspension forum about godspeed rs adjustable coilovers. I'm thinking about purchasing and installing them. I ust don't know how good of a product they are. For a dd I don't think they'd be too shabby. Bringing the car up sounds like it would solve the binding problem you're suggesting I have. At this point its the only thing I haven't done.

8. thudson97

thudson97 New Member

In some cases the wheel bearing can make noise nd shake I had the same think with my teggy nd it was the wheel bearing. I thought it was the tires nd bought a brand new set nd didn't make a difference.

1 person likes this.
  9. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

From reading all this i take it your car is lowered?? If so your camber is going to be out of alignment. There is a part you can bolt on that fixes it right up, but i cant for the life of me remember what its called.

10. robertbergl

robertbergl New Member

I already have sk2 adjustable ucas installed

Which is a camber kit

11. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

yeah that word haha.

12. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

If your gonna get coilovers get skunk2 one pieces or omni maybe some teins personaly I'd get some tokico blue struts throw on good set on coils and Should be fine

13. robertbergl

robertbergl New Member

I ordered the godspeed rs coil overs. They ship in a couple of days. I got them for 650 shipped. Hopefully they don't explode or something awesome like that. They have decent reviews for the kind of money I'm spending.

14. robertbergl

robertbergl New Member

I put the coilovers on and the vibration has lessened. I think it's time for wheel bearings and cvs

15. dc4dude

dc4dude Member

maybe bad tires? if its a slipped belt, that will def. cause a vibration, and a shake... spin them and run your habd across the surface... worth a try... easier than changing out bearings...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted