91 da problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

300zx kid

hi my wife has a 91 integra b18a1 odb0 auto with no spark put new coil, plugs,, wires,in her then i was told it could be the igniter i'm having a hard time huntting one down a new one is out to much money so i was think about putting a newer distributor in out of a 93-94 could i do that

It's a process of elimination, I haven't worked on an integra in awhile but most hondas are all the same in some way or other...First provided you have good plugs and wires, make sure you have the proper voltage to your coil (if you have one), then go from there...trace it back, I have a hard time believing a coil is more trouble to find and is more expensive then a whole distributor. So if your coil is no good, I would then go to the distributor, make sure you are getting the proper voltage/power to your ignitino parts, sometimes it's just a dam wire. Case in point on my last Rx7, It broke down on me, I couldn't get spark, it ended up being a dam wire to my coolant sensor, which in turn would over heat, suck up my reference voltage, and shut my car off or not let it start at all.....

it has new cap, rotor,coil,wires,plugs, she was driving one day and it just died no backfire no sputting. A igniter is 260.00 a new distributor is 225.00 can't find one used 90-91 distirbutors have problems i hear i was hopeing to update to a 92-94 distributor

Back