91 dx clutch slip problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BaDarkus91lsvtec

K so I put in a stage 3 crapy xtd clutch and flywheel in my stock d15 and about 6 months later it started slipping to the point to where I would be on the freeway and barely give it gas and it would just slip away. Could barely keep at 70. Turns out I was able to adjust it at the cable adjustment and that lasted about 1 month and now it even worse. Torqed the flywheel bolts to spec and there is no oil on the flywheel. Any diagnosis

Yeah I don't drive it fast since its only 93 hp. I did just throw it all on at the same time. Thanks for the info. Will I have to pull the trans away from the motor to scuff it or would it be pretty easy to do from the exposed section under the motor. U can turn the crank right with a wrench without taking it of. U need e key to do that right

scuff? you need to have the flywheel machined flat. you canNOT do this without removing it from the engine/trans

scuff? you need to have the flywheel machined flat. you canNOT do this without removing it from the engine/trans

It was a new flywheel. They come with a protective layer that needs to be cleaned off prior to install. I use brake cleaner and a green scrubby from my kitchen. Then a dry rag with more brake cleaner.

I think you just didn't have the clutch completely release pressure when you were all the way off the pedal and it was slipping little by little the whole time.

Thanks for all the info. I'll see how bad the flywheel is and pretty sure the clutch is dust right. I'm honestly not too worried about it cuz I'm building lsvtec with new everything just nice to know for future fuck ups. Thanks again.

U think the pressure never came all the way off cuz I had adjusted it that second time and it just did the same shit again. Oh yeah when we installed it we had to adjust it crazy far before it would let me start the car. Dude that helped me said he thought the sensor just wasn't hitting but the last adjustment he made it started and it worked great for those first 4 months

Back