91 dx hatch b16a map sensor has low power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crx666

hey i got a 91 dx hatch obdo B16a pr3 ecu..so i start the car idels bad and after about 10sec the ecu shows code 5 (map sensor) but after it throughs the code it idels fine..so i put a test light on and the yellow/red wire and only lit very dim on the test light and the other 2 wire for the map sensor has no power at all not sure if thats right or not .but the low power on the one wire is not i think .Could someone please help me out...thanks

code 5 is a problem with the vacuum side of the MAP sensor

91-11-42-2.jpg

91-11-43-2.jpg

would a vacum hose in the wrong spot make the code 5? im pritty sure i got the all right.there is one spot on the front of the intake manifold my spare B16a doesnt have it...and i cant find any diagrhams with it either ..And another thing how come after 10sec the code shows up its seems to run fine????thanks for the help.

Is it a JDM motor?

If so...they don't have a Air Control Valve (think thats the name). Not sure about OBD0 but I know OBD1 USDM engines need it.

It taps into the intake manifold (on the back of the manifold) and it has a line that runs to the valve and then to the charcoal canister.

The valve looks like a robot from the 70's to me. The top of it looks like a robot head that shaped like a cooking pot

Not sure if this helps but thought maybe you put the line from the charcoal canister into the Throttle Body??

Sorry if I'm wrong....I know more about OBD1 engines but I thought OBD0 had the charcoal canister too

hey thanks for all the help got it running great but now NO VTEC???????? when i unplug the vtec soleniod and pressure switch both codes flash..So i think i got it hook up right .and when im driveing i thin i can feel the vtec just a tiny bit but i might be just dreaming or is that possable low power vtec? i heard somthing about a screen or somthing being dirty makeing vtec not work right...

You can clean the solenoid.

My B16 gets way louder. Engages at 6K on my tach but not sure how precise my stock tach is. But VTEC progressively pulls harder up to 8K (on my tach)

You may have power but you can still check for continuity in the lines

Back