1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 dx hatch h22a type s swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by hondaFTW, Sep 28, 2008.

1. hondaFTW

hondaFTW New Member

i have a 91 dx hatch that my friend and i are going to swap a h22a type s motor into. ive found the motor mounts and harness and axles to do the swap all from hasport, but the harness is for a obd1 h22 swap into a dx civic. the problem is that the type s is an obd2 motor. what do i need to change on the motor, if anything, to convert it into obd1 so the harness will work properly? and is there anything else i need to know or that i might be missing? i appreciate the help

2. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

When i did my swap the donor engine was from a 91 obd0 motor and I was going OBD1 I switched all sensors and the distributor, I would say it would work the same going up in OBD (0 to 1) as it does going down (2 to 1).

3. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

yea your logic there sounds about right. just make all the components on the engine obd1, injectors, dizzy, ecu.

4. hondaFTW

hondaFTW New Member

ok yea thats what i thought. i guess i just let all the obd's get to my head lol also, i think the custom harness should have the wiring for vtec right? im gonna run the engine on a p28

5. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

As in you sent your stock harness and the one from the h22 to a place like rywire, and there sending you back a harness? If so then yes it will have everything you need.

6. hondaFTW

hondaFTW New Member

well no im buying a custom harness from hasport

7. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

oh gotya. well you could go through rywire as well. send him your h22 harness, and the harness from your car and then you'll get back a single custom harness for $350.

Rywire - Online Store

8. hondaFTW

hondaFTW New Member

i would but the problem there is that i dont have the hatchs harness. we bought the car with no motor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted