91 dx hatch h22a type s swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaFTW

i have a 91 dx hatch that my friend and i are going to swap a h22a type s motor into. ive found the motor mounts and harness and axles to do the swap all from hasport, but the harness is for a obd1 h22 swap into a dx civic. the problem is that the type s is an obd2 motor. what do i need to change on the motor, if anything, to convert it into obd1 so the harness will work properly? and is there anything else i need to know or that i might be missing? i appreciate the help

When i did my swap the donor engine was from a 91 obd0 motor and I was going OBD1 I switched all sensors and the distributor, I would say it would work the same going up in OBD (0 to 1) as it does going down (2 to 1).

yea your logic there sounds about right. just make all the components on the engine obd1, injectors, dizzy, ecu.

ok yea thats what i thought. i guess i just let all the obd's get to my head lol also, i think the custom harness should have the wiring for vtec right? im gonna run the engine on a p28

ok yea thats what i thought. i guess i just let all the obd's get to my head lol also, i think the custom harness should have the wiring for vtec right? im gonna run the engine on a p28

As in you sent your stock harness and the one from the h22 to a place like rywire, and there sending you back a harness? If so then yes it will have everything you need.

i would but the problem there is that i dont have the hatchs harness. we bought the car with no motor

Back