91 ef civic front end issue..need help asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cornfed85

i have a 91 civic hatch im having a big problem with the front suspension.it has a vibration and pulls very hard to the right,i changed the tires.it has new lower ball joints and a new upper control arm/ball joint on the passengerside.3 month old brakes,cv axles.it just suddenly started doing this when i let go of the wheel on the highway it feels like someone yanks my steering wheel to the right.can someone help me with this? i start a new job thursday and ill be driving 30 miles round trip every day to work and home.and help would be greatly appreciated.i dont have much money to spend and id like to pin point what it is so i just have to replace 1 thing hopefully

im gonna try to get it aligned this weekend maybe and go from there im also going to purchase all 4 tie rod ends mostlikely pay day if the car will make it til then.it all of the sudden started doing this i dont remember hitting a pot hole but its a good possibility around here,i may of hit one and knocked it out of alignment...how would i go about checking a tie rod end to see if its bad?

Check the radius arm bushings- those get overlooked a lot. They're in the front crossmember in a sandwich around your radius arm mount.

ok im gonna look it over in the morning after i get on here and see if theres any more people nice enough to help me out so i can possibly have a few things to check out.i really appreciate the help everyone,i dont want to let somethin happen to my car and screw up my new job.

tires

I know this doesn't make sense, but rotate the tires before you go much farther done the road swapping stuff. I didn't believe it either until my tire guy told me same thing. Did the rotation, problem solved.

And yes the tires were properly inflated, the alignment was correct, and all seemed right, except it pulled very hard.

Alex

you also might have a defective tire, maybe a shifted/broken steel belt in the tire, its not uncommon, I see it a lot. I say def try the rotation, if that fixes it, go back to where you got the tires and get the bad one replaced.

Back