1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 EF hatch d16a6/d15b2

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by SlowAsFck, Aug 26, 2011.

1. SlowAsFck

SlowAsFck New Member

hey, i have a 91 EF hatch. it has the stock d15b2 in it right now and burns oil like crazy. my buddy is giving me a d16a6 head from his crx si since he just did engine swap. how much hp would i be running if i put the d16a6 head on? thanks for everyones input/help.

2. SlowAsFck

SlowAsFck New Member

does no one have any clue how much hp id be running. i know quite a bit of people have does this head swap..

3. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

its a direct swap, just plug up and use the electronics from your b7 head, and if u use the si cam and everything im sure ur looking at a 10-15 hp gain

4. SlowAsFck

SlowAsFck New Member

thanks man. 125-130 hp isnt really all that bad on a pretty much completely stock motor

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

be lucky to make 100hp lol

6. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

X2

the D15B2 and the Si D16A6 use the same head - the Si just has a better camshaft - assuming you would be converting from DPFI to MPFI, you would end up somewhere between the 92hp D15B2 and the 108hp D16A6 - split the difference and you would be around 100hp

a lot of work to swap heads when you could just swap the camshafts and do the DPFI to MPFI changes and have the same thing

7. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

agreed, i was assuming when he was swapping heads he was port and polishing it and prob getting it shaved

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted