91 EF w/ JDM B16.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jesparza602

I have a 91 Ef Hatch with a JDM B16a. I would like to take out the B16 and put a B18c in instead. How much trouble would it be since it already has a B16 installed and what would need to be changed out to make it work? Thanks for the help

good to know. Actually I am looking to get a tranny that usually comes with a B18 since the ys1 I currently have in there seems to have bad synchros, or so I've been told. So mounts, axles, harness, linkage and Ecu all remain the same? I'm trying to do my research so that I know what really needs to be changed out so that I can set up a budget. Thanks again

Yeah the YS1 is a greats trans but they are junk to withstand any abuse... Best bet would be to get the LS trans.. But yes everything stays the same, harness, ecu, linkage, axles, and mounts.. Will be good to go..

Shit forgot you will need to swap over the injectors, dizzy, and you might have to change around the map sensor.. Unless the b16 one is on the throttle body..

Last edited:
Back