91 geo metro

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vanillakilla

so my buddy dumped the clutch in his geo, and the motor mount ripped the bolts out of the bolt holes in the block. only 1 of the 3 can holes can be used and we need at least two. I am thinking about drilling out the old holes and tapping them but in order to have sufficient threads I would have to drill deeper and I don't want to drill through the block. The motor sags really bad with just one bolt holding the mount to the block. I tried JB weld, it just can't hold that kind of stress. any suggestions?

Last edited:
Thats even better.. Not sure if it would fit, it might tho. LS with some bolt ons and perhaps some cams... one quick geo.

Any good machine shop could weld it up... But will probably cost $200ish... more than the motor is worth.

it is just one little peice that needs to be welded back on the engine block. we found someone but we have to get the car over there so he can look at it. Yeah I highly doubt my ls motor would fit we were just messing around with the idea :)

I think it could fit in there with minor fabrication for mounts. I've seen a Grand National V6 in a Metro, of course that took cutting the hell out of the underbody and firewall.

If you have enough time, skill, money, and determination you can do anything small black chevy anyone?

well its fixed and required zero welding. There are other threaded holes on his block around the one that broke so we cut a peice of steel, drilled holes in it, and bolted it to the bracket and the usable holes. works like a charm. His car is now officially ghetto

Back