91 hatch with B18A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

y0iTsDEENOSE

alright im not sure if anyone remembers but i was the one with the " help with newly bought hatch" kid and i finally got all the mounts and sensors fixed.. i paid 1075 in repairs for fixing the idler and replacing camshaft seals.. just wondering which is the best (affordable) ecu i should be using for my engine?? and theres a couple of problems that i have when im driving the car.. here are some of them and i thought if you guys could give some advice on how to fix it...

-car starts to vibrate a LOT when im going into high rpm or 4th or 5th gear
-i hear a little grind when going into third
-when i turn my steering all the way to any side the car also starts to shake a lot
-i hear a loud thump every once in a while like somethings hitting the ground but when i go to check under the car.. nothings hanging down
-when i hit a bump or something.. my car feels like its gonna collapse and fall apart haha
-the exhaust is EXTREMELY loud but its got a stock exhaust and its like a rusted pipe with holes at the end

the only modifications on the car are racing shocks (dont kno what brand but their yellow haha) and a stage 2 clutch

i just want the car to run smooth... no add ons yet.. i asked the shop that did all the work on the car and they told me the car was fine.. n yet when i drive all these problems come up...

i also wanted to know if anyone knows where i can read up on how engines really work.. because i know the names of all the things ppl add to make their cars faster.. but i really wanna know how and why?? like when someone tells me to add a B16 head.. or think about making it vtec.. or adding headers..and all that psi stuff tOo n compression stuff like 11:9:1.. what in the world do all those things mean?? and where can i learn about the mechanisms of an engine?? i dont wanna just add things to my car that i dont even kno its function.. any help would be appreciated :) :worthy:

anyone know where i can find fair-priced headers/intake/exhaust for my engine?? and can the average "do-it-yourself" mechanic bolt these on(h/i/e)??

Barnes and Nobles, go buy some books.
howstuffworks.com is also helpful fir understanding the basics of things

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Aug 4 2005, 02:56 AM
i also wanted to know if anyone knows where i can read up on how engines really work.. because i know the names of all the things ppl add to make their cars faster.. but i really wanna know how and why?? like when someone tells me to add a B16 head.. or think about making it vtec.. or adding headers..and all that psi stuff tOo n compression stuff like 11:9:1.. what in the world do all those things mean?? and where can i learn about the mechanisms of an engine?? i dont wanna just add things to my car that i dont even kno its function.. any help would be appreciated :) :worthy:
[post=535610]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you have th correct axles?

Back