91 Hatch Wont Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91 Hatch back with a D15 DPFI So I was driving and my car cut out. Took the distributor cap off and the coil was fried. Replaced it with a brand new one car started for about 5 minutes went to drive off and it cut out again and now it wont start again. Cap is dirty cleaned off the contacts. Battery wont hold a charge. And it cranks but stalls for a second and the n continues cranking while its being jumped any ideas??

my car was doing that. I checked my battery connections, and my starter nut was a little loose. Tightened them up and the car doesn't do it anymore. Oh and your battery may be fried. If it doesn't hold a charge then it is probably dead(unless you can try to fill the little holes on the top) so it doesn't have enough juice to keep it running. My alternator died and I drove the car for a while then the battery had no juice left and the car died. Just me though. Hope it helps

Well I got it running. The damn starter stud was loose the cap was dirtier than I thought and the plugs were a little dirty too. Plus the battey was damn near empty. But it runs good now thanks for all your help guys. TRU

Back