'91 HB miss firing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

timEspeed

My 91 HB is only running on three cylinders. Currently I have stock motor with custom intake/exhaust. I did the entire distributor incl. coil pack, spark plugs and wires. I also reset the ECU. What else could it be? BTW its the #3 cylinder.
thanx~
~timE

your car does not have a "coil pack" if its a 91.

have you checked fuel on it?

to see if its getting a spark, take out the plug, connect the wire to it, set it on your valve cover and crank the engine. if it sparks it is firing and you've got a fuel problem.

i have a 1990 honda civic dx with stock motor, the check engine light comes on all the time, the car wont start untill the light goes off?

when you turn the key to the "on" position, all of your dash lights and warning things should come on...

if you turn your key and the light comes on thats your fuel injectors 'warming up', give it a second.

you might wanna be more descriptive if this didnt help.

I meant core when i said coil pack. I think I either cracked the sleeve or shattered the piston. BTW I was doing ~100MPH for well over an hour when this happened. I've been looking into ZC's.

Back