91 hf CRX with a b-series ***help***

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cars101

Whats up everyone. So i got a 91 crx hf and I just got a b16 from a friend. Its jdm and less then like 70,000 miles and all that good stuff and only got it 4 500 bc the kid is retarted lol. Anywho i got the motor in my rex. I wired everything up including vtec. Now it runs real good and is fast except the vss of my rex doesnt fit the tranny or wont go in. So my vss isnt hooked up and my ecu is throwing codes 6 and 14. Also every once in while it throws code 73 and i just changed the spark plugs b4 i put the motor in but not the wires could that be it. Also for the rest of these problems how can i fix them. Also does all this effect my cars performance. any help is appreciated thanks :eek:o:confused::D:D

also i dont why but its seems like my motor shakes a little bit can that be from my idle bieng so low???

If your VSS isnt hooked up then you should also be throwing code 17, code 6 is the Coolant Temp Sensor and code 14 is the IAC, they could be unplugged, or have the wrong plugs on them, or they might actually be bad, as far as your misfire code.. that could be a number of things, lack of compression, mis-gapped plug(s), bad ignition wires, bad cap/rotor, bad dizzy, injector problem, so on and so forth, etc... how low is your idle? the engine may be shaking bc of the misfire. I'm not sure about the VSS but i know the IAC can cause driveability/idle issues, and the Coolant temp sensor may make your car appear to overheat, or cause idle issues, but all the problems should be addressed.

If your VSS isnt hooked up then you should also be throwing code 17, code 6 is the Coolant Temp Sensor and code 14 is the IAC, they could be unplugged, or have the wrong plugs on them, or they might actually be bad, as far as your misfire code.. that could be a number of things, lack of compression, mis-gapped plug(s), bad ignition wires, bad cap/rotor, bad dizzy, injector problem, so on and so forth, etc... how low is your idle? the engine may be shaking bc of the misfire. I'm not sure about the VSS but i know the IAC can cause driveability/idle issues, and the Coolant temp sensor may make your car appear to overheat, or cause idle issues, but all the problems should be addressed.

Well i dont know about the code 17 thats wierd. The Coolant Temp Sensor seems to work its just throwing code, but is that on the side of the head right. And as far as the IAC i got another one of my single cam that i know was good so im gonna try that. Well the i know the plugs we gapped perfectly and put them right in the motor. I didnt not replace the wires and they look shitty so i believe it could be that. My idle is at about 500 maybe less at times. If im right i was suppose to get a 91 integra throttle cable but didnt so i made a bracket so i think i have to adjust that. The motor doesnt really shake shake but it seems like at low idle it does after that it runs real smooth. The misfire only really happens once in a while its real wierd. But thanks for the help and all problems will be addressed this weekend. :)

code 17 is the VSS sensor code, the low idle could be a lot of things.. tps not adjusted correctly, vacuum leak, or you might have to play with the idle set screw, the coolant temp sensor in on the side of the head yes, and your correct your supposed to get an integra throttle cable, and i beleive clutch cable as well.. i just modified my clutch cable.

o0 yea tru good hour and half ride lol so you go to the races in philly i heard they are crazy.

i used to go.. but its really not worth it... 2 of my boys cars got broken into.. and alot of people ive met there are real shady

Back