91 honda accord h22 or h23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DJLOONEYCA

ok well i have a 91 honda accord 4dr and it has as jdm h22with a p28 ecu in it but it spun the main beariing no biggie i want to replace it with a h23 blue top what i need to know if i can swap the h22 and the h23 i here that there almost the same motor but every h23 i find on the net is a obd2 but i was told that there is one that is obd1 i think it is usdm motor or a 95 prelude si
i was also told that i can take my obd1 dist and injectors switch it with the obd2 and it will obd1

yes the h23 will drop in and use the same mounts, bolts right up, and yes you can take and use the obd1 electronics off the h22

thankx
i have been searching for week and reading just doing all my search thanx agin

lol i wasnt trying to sound like a dick btw, lol good luck with the swap bro, cant wait to see pics and be able to help out any way possible

thanx pic will be up soon
so i went and bought a h23 2.3 vetc and looking to the h22 and h23 the intakes looks different should i switch them out or should i just change the injector and am i going to have and wireing prob if i use the h23 intake

if it will bolt up use your existing h22 intake, and all the electronics you can to keep wiring down issues, if not do what u gotta do man

thanx thats what i think i will do iam going to the grage now to start all the biz will keep up to date on progress

so i switched the intake and the dist and it all looks good just waiting on a new clutch and it will be going in i a day or so will keep posting

well the motor is in and all i have to do is hook up all the wire in the morning hope all goes well

well it in and i got it started it idiles a litte high and it needs to do the timing
it is only thowing one egine code it is 22 wich it a V-TEC pressure solenoid
it got dark on me so ill will check the wiring on the ecu and vtec
but not to bad if you got any info let me know
how do i ad pics

well i tryed to time it and only ran worse so iam going to check over every thing and see it i can get it fixed i dont want to take it to some shop do i need to change the ecu the one i have says E.L PROTOTYES 94 h22a 8000rpm it is a p13 i think that has been chiped
so any input will help

Oh man, chipped ECU isn't good. I'm not familiar with the P13(been a while since I looked in one), but see if there's a jumper(J1) that you can cut or unhook. This will make it revert back to a stock ECU.

To add pics either attach them(Go Advance in your reply, at the bottom), or upload them to a photo site like photobucket.com, and insert them in an
img[  (The last bracket should be turned the other way)

heres some pics of the car and me relocating the battery cable to the trunk i had to rip out the inside

Back