91 Honda Accord LX 4Door (Front Rotor Change)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well this is probably bad but at least change ur pads, that easy and you wont kill urself driving to the mechanic, wich should be your next stop

the pads are kinda new just warped, stil have alotr of meat, if i get new oens will it help?

yah once i get money im going to have them done, but i dont have any money right now........

Yet you had the money to paint your valve cover? And you had the money for "headers", and a test pipe, and a "carbon fiber" exhaust tip, and an Injen intake, and a strut tower bar, and a new head unit and speakers?

You're a straight-up idiot. I seriously hope you crash your car. Not into someone else's car, mind you, and not to where you get hurt, but maybe crash it into a tree or something due to your failing brakes...

:disgust1:

to answer your question....no it wont help, i was hoping it was the combination of the two that maybe getting new pads would limp you too a mechanic. you got your stock stuff? i sugest taking some of your bolt-ons off and sale them, take the loss and fix ur car...or ur 15 im sure you got toys or some crap laying arounf the house you can hawk off. ebay, craigslist watever. make your hustle dud do what you need too do, but pleas,PLEASE dont drive it till then. seruisly im getting bad vibes from you and FOR you man. let it hybernate till you can do what you need to. thats the last time im going to be nice and say that..... you can always find a way.

-i just had to regress cuz i got screwd on a clutch deal now its sittin till i can figure it out....

I agree. Don't drive the car till it has brakes. I'd sell the deck and speakers on ebay as that'd get enough money for a brake job (as long as you don't keep driving it and make it worse) you'll get almost what you paid for them since they're pretty much new, and it'll be just as easy to remove (if not easier) than it was to install.

i always buy stereo equipment from like swap meets and stuff where you can haggle....seriusly dude you coulda saved so much if you did your homework and stop acting on impulses...if you learned this now you'd be SOOOOO fuckin far ahead of the game at ur age....

I have bought so many honda's 90-93 accord because the brakes were bad/rotors warped and the person selling the car either didn't know what was wrong or the mechanic quoted them a real high price to fix them. Have made alot of money off of these year accords. As the earlier thread mentioned thay are not pressed on, you just have to remove the four bolts on the back and it does come apart with special tool mentioned as well. Then you can replace the rotors with new ones and the brakes are like brand new. Correct me if I am wrong but don't they have a special rotor turner that works with the rotor still on the car? That might be cheaper for you the next time if there is still plenty of meat left on the rotor.

Yeah, there is a tool, it's called an "on car lathe", you have to remove the caliper brackets and mount the lathe, then you have to mount and electric motor to the lugs in order to turn the rotors. some shops may have it, but it makes no sense to cut rotors if their too thin.

Being warped and being too thin are 2 different thing, warped is that you can feel or even see grooves on the face of the rotor, too thin is the thickness, and yes they can be both too thin and warped. Also depending on how warped they are they can be cut smooth again, but that depends on the thickness of the rotor, if it's too thin then cutting isn't worth it.

Last edited:
OK, I'll chime in.

Getting them turned on the car is the way to go for these hondas. WAY cheaper than pretty much anything else. I think that is was like $60 to have mine done.. or ballpark.

The brakes on my car have been turned twice already. You can still have them turned if they are warped. There is a minimal thickness that the rotors need to have, but I'm not sure what that is. The mechanic isn't suppose to machine the brakes smaller than that anyways.

91, you talked to me forever ago asking how to fix your brakes, and then you went and spent money on a bunch of stuff that's not doing you any good. You've probably spent 10 times the amount of money on the car then it would have cost you to get them turned on the car.

If I lived closer to you I would come over to your house and sawzall the rotors right off your car. Then I would replace the steering wheel with a huge oil cap, so that you couldn't drive your car without posting here asking how to turn it.

in a few minutes im bout to post some pics 91, whatch for them and lemme show you a thing or two

I actually have that special tool, it resembles the old school steering wheel removing tool. I've done that job in 2 hours, 1 hour for each side. Without that tool the steering knuckles have to be removed, and hub pressed out.

as far as separating the hub from the knuckle, how bad will i f up the bearings/seals if i dont have a press and try to use a socket and hammer? or should i take it to my local napa? which i hate doing.

as far as separating the hub from the knuckle, how bad will i f up the bearings/seals if i dont have a press and try to use a socket and hammer? or should i take it to my local napa? which i hate doing.

Hey man, check the dates on stuff before you hit "reply" please. this thread is over a year old and the guy you responded hasn't been here in nearly that long either. You may want to try PMing him instead.

I'll leave this open for now in case anyone has any input...

Back