91 honda crx hf help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats clean,,,put a d16a6 or d16z6 in it,,or if you have some money to play with,,get a b18a1

haha. im still flipin out of how good of a deal i got on it. and i have went over the whole car and not one spot of rust found. But yea im not trying to spend a whole lot of money right now for a swap.. under $1000 is wat im lookin at.. but i think we are gonna rebuild bottom end on this d15b thats in it and swap a different head with intake and it should be a done deal.. lookin for something thats somewhat quick but still wanna get good gas mileage cause ill be driving 250miles every weekend and no tellin how many miles during the week. but info on what i should do to this motor then let me know but i think i got it down pat now.

I personally like DOHC ZC swaps in a crx but swap it all out to a d16a6 - convert it to SI - still fairly cheap can have some fun,

I personally like DOHC ZC swaps in a crx but swap it all out to a d16a6 - convert it to SI - still fairly cheap can have some fun,
indeed..do the d16a6,,awesome gas mileage and still has some pep to it,,and when you feel the need for more,,do a home turbo,or swap a z6 head

i can get a d16z6 vtec head off of a 92 ex civic and a crx si ecu. but do i really need the si ecu , im confused on what i need to do to run this vtec head.

you have to match the head to the ecu your going to use if you use a 92-95 d16z6 motor you need a 92-95 si or ex ecu aka p28

ic ic .. well i got a buddy that has a crx si ecu that he gave to me.. just not sure if i wanna do a vtec head or not.. cause it sounds like its gonna be more$$$ than i feel like spending right now.

ic ic .. well i got a buddy that has a crx si ecu that he gave to me.. just not sure if i wanna do a vtec head or not.. cause it sounds like its gonna be more$$$ than i feel like spending right now.

The CR-X Si didn't have VTEC, therefore that ECU will not run a VTEC head correctly...

Wet sand and clear coat for the time being. my old 89 lude looked like that. we wet sanded it and put a clear coat on and it looked great kinda pink but pimp :):D

Another thing i wen to buy my 90 civic hatch and i got the guy down to 500. so i said ok i wanna buy it. then he gave me the key and i keyed the shit outta the car. BONDO MADNESS!!!! i took the car for 375 ;)

Last edited:
yea i know the si crx does not have vtec. i was just saying a buddy gave me a di crx ecu and if i decied not to go with a vtec head than i can run the ecu, but its a 91 crx ecu so does that mean i need a 91 nonvtec head?

my buddy did a zc/vtec (mini me) in his 90 hf crx and he ran a pg7 ecu and toggled his vtec... that motor was really quick stock JE pistons and the head shaved to shit.. with a alot of bolt ons... but ya i know he should of converted it to obd1 but he no longer has the car anymore. traded it for a eg hatch,, but i'd go with a mini me

yea i know the si crx does not have vtec. i was just saying a buddy gave me a di crx ecu and if i decied not to go with a vtec head than i can run the ecu, but its a 91 crx ecu so does that mean i need a 91 nonvtec head?
im not sure if you can do this but,,,im sure someone will chime in,,,
run a d16a6 head on it...usually minime's are vtec heads on non vtec blocks...
but seriously you can get a complete d16a6 for less than 500

If i run a d16a6 head, what all do i need to run it? from ecu to harness..if its going to end up costing more than i want to spend right now to run the vtec head then im prolly just going to stick with a nonvtec head and run the crx si ecu. im not trying to spend a shit load just cause of the fact that this motor will be swaped prolly next winter. i just want something thats good on gas and is quick.

Hey cREX when you find out what motor you want to swap in do you think you're going to sell that hf engine? because I could totally use that 50+ mpg.

At the risk of seeming anti-hotrod, why not just drive it awhile and get the 50 mpg?

At the risk of seeming anti-hotrod, why not just drive it awhile and get the 50 mpg?

:werd:

We get questions like this all the time. Honestly I don't see the point of spending any money on it now if you're just going to swap it out for another motor later. Do you just have no patience or what? Why would you spend any money at all on something if it's not what you really want? Why would you waste money on some temporary modification when you could just save it towards what you actually want and have it that much faster?

Don't waste any money on a temporary swap or temporary build, just drive the thing for now and enjoy the 50 mpg, and save your funds towards the engine you really want to have...

well tonite i pulled the oil pan off and checked the rods.. 2 of the rod barings was fucked to the point one of them messed the crank up .. so much for a easy fix. my buddy is helping me figure out what i should do.. cause im not trying to spend alot.. moving into an appartment in 2 months for college so money is tight .. and the reason i got the car is to drive from ky to tn. idk im gonna sleep on it and hopefully figure out what to do. tomorrow we are pulling the motor and trans out and i will have a new update then..if you guys got any ideas on what i should do "keep in mind im not trying to spend alot" then post it up. thanks

quick question.. i wanted to put a 16v head onto my d15b6 but i started to ponder the fact that there is to resesed spots on each cylinder, but if i put the 16v head on there will i need to put pistons in there that have 4 resesed spots in each?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back