1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 integra Engine Suggestion

Discussion in 'Integra' started by DMACHINE, Apr 28, 2009.

1. DMACHINE

DMACHINE New Member

I am looking at buying a 91 integra with no motor or trans and I was wondering what kind of motor and trans you think I should get. I have $3000 to spend on the motor and trans and was hoping to get a turbo kit for it this summer. I was looking at a B18 then a friend said I should go with a B16. If anyone knows a good motor post and hopefully a place to buy. Thanks

2. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

Depends on your overall goal and budget, you could probably put back in a rebuild b18a for $750-1000 with trans, then turbo for 1000-1500, ECU 500. it will cost a little more for a b16/b18c and trans, you care if its vtec or not?

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Is $3,000 your budget for the engine and transmission only? Or for all of that and the turbo too?

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Buy a stock b18a1 complete from hmotorsonline.com. You'll have $1800 in your pocket and a damn nice motor in your car.

5. DMACHINE

DMACHINE New Member

I have around $3000 to spend on just the motor trans ecu etc... Once I've bought it I'm gonna save up for a turbo kit and other performance uprgrades. Still looking for more ideas.

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Are you installing it yourself or having a shop do it? If you're having a shop do it then set aside $1,000 of your money for that. If you're installing it yourself, then you could probably afford a B16 swap or maybe even a GS-R swap if you shop around. Another option is to just get an LS or B20 swap for now, and that way you'll have options later (i.e. just leave it non-VTEC and boost it, or put a VTEC head on it)...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted