91 Integra GS Auto Interior shift light help..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoets

Okay so sort of a stupid question but.. the light on my auto integra by the shifter is out (P,R,N,D etc). could anyone tell me what fuse it would be under and how to replace the light? Its a pain in the ass in the dark lol.

well it looks like fuses 23 and 13 under the dash go to that unit. theyre both 10 amp fuses. they call it the shift position indicator and the light appears to be in the unit itself. it doesnt appear to have a separate fuse of bulb. does your instrument pannel lights work? theyre part of the circuit on fuse 23 as well

yes they work fine. so its the actual interior piece i guess then. ill have to find a replacement. another quick question if you dont mind helping. I replaced the thermostat a week ago because the car is having overheating problems. Im starting to think it is a blown head gasket. i bought the car probably a month ago and it is not on the road right now. anyways after i replaced the thermostat the engine light is now on permanantly where as before it would come on after a while for example one night i had it sitting idleing for about half an hour then took it for a quick drive and the light came on so i came right back home. now after replacing thermostat it comes on right away after i fire it up. no idea why.. any ideas? I don't have much experience with cars as this is my first one. and im kind of stumped.

the engine light code i believe is the same as my 90 GS. you have to pull back the carpet on the passenger floorboard to see the ecm. it has a red LED that will flash intermitently. the flashes are the code long flashes represent tens and quick flashes represent ones so one long flash followed by three quick ones represents a code 13. whatever your code is youll see when you look at your light on the ECM. check it and ask me what your code is if you dont know. and as to your head gasket you can go to autozone and rent a headgasket leak tester. this is a tube that you fill with a green fluid and place it in the fill fole of the radiator. you start the car and hold the tube in place. if your head gasket is leaking the fluid in the tester will change color. the color change is caused by a chemical reaction if combustion gasses are present in the coolant which go back into the radiator and get picked up by the tester fluid. you can also do a compression test but depending on how bad the leak is the loss of compression may only be a small loss and cause you to still be unsure if the gasket is leaking. the tester i mentioned is the best method short of just pulling the head. did you bleed the coolant system after replacing the thermostat? and did you check to see if youf radiator fans came on after you changed the thermostat? you may also need to change the fan switch

okay so i just checked it and im getting 7 looked it up and it said its throttle angle.. how the hell do i fix that

the throttle angle sensor is a potentiometer. it is connected to the throttle valve shaft. as the throttle angle changes the throttle angle sensor varies the voltage signal to the ECU

remove the BACK-UP fuse from the engine compartment fuse box for at least 10 seconds. if you used a jumper wire to access the code, remove that too

got that all done. engine lights gone. thanks a lot for the help. im not sure about the head gasket tester though seeing as im in canada not too sure where i could find one. maybe napa has them? or else im gonna try lordco. not sure when ill be able to get around to it though kinda tight on cash right now.

if you have an auto zone they call it a block tester. other places might call it that too. honestly i never knew or remembered the actual name of the tool since to me, i just use it to check for head gasket leakage

Back