91 integra transmission problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91teg6908

hi everyone i am new to this site just bought a 91 integra 1.8L dohc non vtech i bought the car and it is 5 speed but the fifth gear is out so i need new tranny the car is perfect took me long time to find one so nice and even with the tranny i was buying. So it is a cable tranny and i am trying to find new one but what would i have to do to switch over to a hydro i think that is what it is i know alot about cars but new to the honda acura or would it just be worth the money to get all new set up engine and tranny with vtech and should i go 1.6 or 1.8 and is there a plug in play for the ecu from odb0 to odb2?

You could get new tranny or rebuild that one but if your considering a motor swap I'd do the GS-R 1.8l dohc vtec with tranny you would have to get a a cable to hydro. Conversion or you could go with the b17 gsr

Yea and no better for racin and gear ratio wise but for DD I'd use ls just cause the b16 sits higher on rpm in 5th

yeah like 4.5k rpm while driving on the highway. It sucks but I still get about 28-30mpg. I miss my 36mpg with my LS tranny.

yea ls tranny are very bad in a highway but from 0 to 60 mph its good . If you put b16 tranny will by better in highway because it has a longer 2 ,3 and 4 gears and final drive is that right

first you should consider the cost and what the car is for. if youre gonna use it as a DD i wouldnt spent the money doing a newer vtec OBD 11 engine engine conversion. and if you do remember to get the factory wiring harness and ecu, relays, fuse block and all that stuff. you will have to most likely do some wire harness mods for the dash gauges but you'll ned the factory harness to save you headaches with the obd 11 fault codes. if its a show car or just a cool ass DD then go for it. but you could find a nice used car for your DD for probably less than customizing the car you have. but if this is just your DD i'd rebuid the trans you have and call it done.

and if you do remember to get the factory wiring harness and ecu, relays, fuse block and all that stuff. you will have to most likely do some wire harness mods for the dash gauges but you'll ned the factory harness to save you headaches with the obd 11 fault codes.

Are you talking about the motor swap or transmission swap?

Back