91 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vanillakilla

well my Integra has always made a clunking, almost popping noise coming from the front passenger side under heavy shaking, bumping or vibration. I just lowered it and it is getting worse. I notice that it will make the noise if I kick the wheel but not if I sit on the car and bounce up and down which leads me to beleive it is not the strut. I read on G2ic.com that you can adjust your steering rack to stop clunk in the steering so I'm going to do that today don't know if it will help but it is buggin the shit out of me and I want to fix it any suggestions?

if i am right it is a tie rod end. We had a simalar incedent at our shop with a minivan. if you can put it up on a hoist and shake it back anf forth, there should be no play at all.

a drop in suspension would cause it to get worse due to different angles making different noises.

if you find out let me know what it was.

-Gnat56580

yep..

yeah it is your tie rod end. Needs replace asap, and especially if you just lowered it. You dont want to be driving and have your tie rod break and the whole suspension rip out on you and replace the whole front end of your car. Not a pretty picture.

Back