91 Jeep Cheeeeerokeeeeeee

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
The suspension on my Jeep is shot...dead...to soft....it will bounce 20 times if I roll over a dime....in other words....I need something new. The wife and I had a good talk while she was in the hospital....and I convinced her to get a damn drivers licence. So she want the Jeep fixed up so she can drive it and get her licence...since it's the only automatic tranny car that we have...and she was driving it 2 years ago, and a little last year.

I need some idea's, brands, prices, suggestions, and general info for this project.

I was thinking about just getting some cheap Monroes, and call it a day....but since it looks like the jeep will be used for a little while longer, I might as well make an investment that will last, and is safe for the wife to drive.

and when the wife wants something...I tend to go a little overboard and try to hook it up to the best/meanest way as possible.

it's a 4x4, so that will narrow down the selection a little.

I was thinking of a little lift, but I want to make sure if a lifted Jeep is stable enough for a new driver in the city....I'm not much of a drop-type of a guy...so either stock height or higher. And if the Jeep is lifted, and the wife likes it, then she might invest in other things safety related, like a NY city cow-pusher, 10 rows of headlights to blind the driver in front of her...etc.

So who's hooked up a jeep before?

Ive worked on about 25 different jeeps... and seriously man If you dont know someone in a offroad shop... either go to Quadratec.com or ebay

If you find something and would want an opinion on it.. post is up and Ill tell ya what its like, chances are that I have used it

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 3 2004, 02:57 AM
dont u gotta fix the tranny too?
[post=371838]Quoted post[/post]​

yup :sad:

Heard good things about ChassisTech, Superlift, and Skyjacker (except the shocks)...

My friend Zack would be the one to ask about Jeeps. I only know what he's told me :p

i fyou jack it up, the wife is going to bitch that she can't get in it.

leave it stock ride height... and i'd go with some monroes... fuck it. for like 35 bucks a corner, and a 2 yr warranty at least, you can't go wrong.

Kinda true....good point.

after I told her this idea...she said kower it...and I immediately told her no...only the same height or higher...and she said ...higher B) ...hehe

The only reason we keep this Jeep is for the dog trips to the park...and the few times that I need to haul big items or when I feel like actually going to a bar with a few guys...hence...B hates the damn jeep.

I'd sell it and get the old willies that I wanted, but that changed when she decided that she will try for her drivers licence again...so I got to get the jeep back in tiptop shape, safe for her to drive, and increase the value of it a tad....for a better resale value later on down the road...if the tranny will survive for a little longer ;)

Back