91 ls into 91 civic fuel system problem.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bago'ong billy

Just did swap and runs fine but throws code 43 during warmup. I clear the code and when I start driving after 40 mph, throws code 1. Some kind of fuel system problem. Did all the fuel checks, vacume leak checks, replaced 02 sensor and still cannot get rid of code. One question in my mind is this extra sensor by oil filter on the ls block. I asked around and people say its the knock sensor. On the stock LS harness the wires are WHITE/GREEN and BLACK. I looked in 3 manuals and i cannot find this sensor and it seems knock sensors came in from 92 up the wire is RED/BLUE. Just wondering if anyone knows what this sensor is and where the WHITE/GREEN wire hooks up to. If to the ECU what pin. Any help or suggestions?

no knock sensor on ls engines....when i had a code 1 i was runing rich.....
try using some seafoam and clean out the injectors...hope i helped a little

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
no knock sensor on ls engines....when i had a code 1 i was runing rich.....
try using some seafoam and clean out the injectors...hope i helped a little
any clue what this extra sensor is

Just finished an LS swap into an 89 hatch. I was told the extra sensor is for oil temp. I left it unhooked and have yet to throw any codes.

I did hook up the extra solenoid for the fuel pressure regulator and run those wires. Civics only have 1 solenoid on the firewall, but tegs have 2.

My roomates ZC hatch had a code 43, we replaced the fuel pump with a walbro unit and it went away.

Goodluck

i wouldnt think that a LS would over tax a 4th gen civic, but it is possible. With those codes i would do what esi recommended. The walbro unit is pretty cheap (like under 100 bucks) and its all your gonna need if you decide to turbo (and stay under 350 HP)

Back