91' Lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mech

Banned
What are my friends options for this car. Not many people mack this car and it would be cool to see it become a little faster. Is the B20 Vtec pretty much the exact setup as the LS/Vtec. If it is then I can do it for him. Or should he buy a turbo kit? If the tubo where can he get one for a good price, say 5-7psi. Thanks

The B20 that came in the 3rd gen Ludes doesn't work very well for building a B20/VTEC. Usually, when someone mentions a B20/VTEC, they're talking about the B20 that came out of a CRV. The B20 out of the Ludes is the bastard of the B-series.

There used to be someone who made a turbo kit for that engine, but he doesn't do it anymore. Someone I know on another board drives a 3rd gen Lude, and he's starting to look at piecing together a turbo setup. I can keep you updated.

As far as I can tell right now, someone makes a manifold for that engine, but you've got to put the rest of the "kit" together yourself.

don't attempt the B20/vtec--tom from ludespeed.com wrote a long article on his site about it, and why it didn't work as expected. the turbo is the way to go. Or you can swap an H22a into the 3rd gen prelude. Mine has 500+ hp on 93 octane daily driven. good luck!

the b20/vtec does not involve the bo20a blocks.. it uses the b20b or b20z blocks, which are quite easy to to bolt the vtec head onto.

I think a custom job is on the way! And Dohcvtec, my friend with the H22 Accord is not satisfied so he's going turbo, he's already buying the manifold, and the blowoff valve.

Back