91 prelude seats in a 88 civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maximusmda

hey everyone.. i got an 88 civic and i just had an opertunity to pick up some 91 prelude SI seats... for 30 bucks... and i was wondering if they would bolt in? any help on the subject would be great... thanks

Matt

hell even if they wont fit..pick the seats up and sell them for more...make a profit off someones mistake

Ive tried

I tried putting some 90 prelude seats in a 91 and they wouldnt fit the sliders the seats were a little to wide. I could have welded them on that might be what you have to do. But hey give it a shot its only 4 12mm bolts

def. DONT weld your seats in...that is just asking for trouble

Yea my buddy tried out his welding skills and then set not one but both of his seats on FIRE. Bad for him but I thought it was funny as hell!

hey everyone.. i got an 88 civic and i just had an opertunity to pick up some 91 prelude SI seats... for 30 bucks... and i was wondering if they would bolt in? any help on the subject would be great... thanks

Matt
if your still thinking about doing this try to see if the rails from your old seats would bolt to the prelude seats.....i have da seats in my 90 hatch i swapped the outer rail from my old seats to the da witch made 3 holes line up perfectly the fourth line up but was high from floor so i found a longer bolt and put a sleeve between ,sits perfect.

will i have a ef and i put some eg sits in it and they only bolted on one side i think it was the left side only i think thats how the prelude seats are so they probably wont fit change the rails like mass-hatch said i did that to mine and it worked just fine

-team ruthless

Back