91 Prelude Si options?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alvin

Hello,

I'm really experenced in tuning, I love it.. in fact thats what i do for a living (www.pcmforless.com) But i'm new to the import scene.

I jsut bought a B20A 91 Prelude Si and I love it. I know that most stock GM and ford cars I can pick up anywhere from a tenth to even up to 3 tenths.

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction so that I can start tuning my little prelude. I'm fully equiped with programmers, wideband, etc.. I just need to know where to get the software to handle these things!

Thanks a ton!

that's PGMFI.org :)

PGMFI wouldn't be a bad place to start, but you're going to find a limited number of ppl working on the 91 ludes. Most development is focused elsewhere.

Yeah,

I"m very experenced in tuning GM chip set cars.. Trying to tune up my beater now.

I looked everywhere on that site and couldn't find anything to do with 91 prelude ECu's it woudl be awesome if i could find a bin editor with the proper DEF file

The only PK2 dump I ever looked at was fucked, meaning it had interlaced format tables.

In my mind, you can either convert to OBD1 *or* run chipped 90-91 Civic Si/integra ECU with an OBD0 distributor. Your Piglude is a wierd car, your current dizzy is actually OBD1+ spec with 24-tooth crank sensor.

Is it just plug and play though? could i just uplug my computer and plug this one in along with a different distributor?

More or less plug and play. You'll want to remove certain pins that control EGR function/lift sensor and the like, or you'll end up with funny idle and possibly a CEL; I believe the 3G Piglude uses the same pins an HF does - I had to remove about 8 wires on my CRX when I originally swapped it for those reasons.

The distributor plugs may or may not be the same, might ahve to repin a connector.

Back