1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 REX dx AUTO swap

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 89QuestZilla69, Nov 21, 2006.

1. 89QuestZilla69

89QuestZilla69 Track Master

i have a 91 rex auto dx and i would like to swap the engine and trans for a b18b auto integra....i noticed there were some ext. wires in the tranny of the teg. and i didnt see a kick down cable on it...was jus wandering if anyone can help w/ this...my plans are to turbo it after its running

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

an automatic turbo ls crx?

don't take it the wrong way, i'm just curious, why?

3. 89QuestZilla69

why not

we all know that a good turbo auto will put a woopn on a 5spd down the 1/4 so Why Not right....im really jus doin it to do it

4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

No it won't. Not unless you change the gearing.
    Auto's have terrible gearing... show me a 9 sec AUTO honda.

5. 89QuestZilla69

9 sec....street?

aint seen a 9 street honda yet...but im thinkn low 11s in this...will shoot for 10s
    thinkn like 20lbs or more after the sleeving and meth injection

6. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I don't mean to question your knowledge, but I would recommend doing a bit more research about boosting that much on a stock motor.(ok so you want to sleeve it...)

I have a friend with a built GSR running 18lbs on a street tune putting down 525hp to the wheels running 9's in the 1/4.

I'm sorry to say it, but I do not think you will touch 11's or 10's on a stock LS with 20+ lbs of boost(if it even lasts), meth injection(if it will handle it), and one of Honda's craptastic automatic trans. sorry. I really, truly, honestly do not think that trans will even handle the amount of power you'd need to be throwing down to run 11's. espeically 10's.

Your new here, so we don't know you. but it seems you might not know what it takes to do what your talking about. especially on a stock motor? stock a/t trans???? sorry bud.... I don't see it happening. call me crazy.

I also don't mean to come off as a super negative prick. I'm just speaking my mind, maybe trying to save you a LOT of hassle and problems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted