91 REX dx AUTO swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89QuestZilla69

Track Master
i have a 91 rex auto dx and i would like to swap the engine and trans for a b18b auto integra....i noticed there were some ext. wires in the tranny of the teg. and i didnt see a kick down cable on it...was jus wandering if anyone can help w/ this...my plans are to turbo it after its running

why not

we all know that a good turbo auto will put a woopn on a 5spd down the 1/4 so Why Not right....im really jus doin it to do it

No it won't. Not unless you change the gearing.
Auto's have terrible gearing... show me a 9 sec AUTO honda.

9 sec....street?

aint seen a 9 street honda yet...but im thinkn low 11s in this...will shoot for 10s
thinkn like 20lbs or more after the sleeving and meth injection

I don't mean to question your knowledge, but I would recommend doing a bit more research about boosting that much on a stock motor.(ok so you want to sleeve it...)

I have a friend with a built GSR running 18lbs on a street tune putting down 525hp to the wheels running 9's in the 1/4.

I'm sorry to say it, but I do not think you will touch 11's or 10's on a stock LS with 20+ lbs of boost(if it even lasts), meth injection(if it will handle it), and one of Honda's craptastic automatic trans. sorry. I really, truly, honestly do not think that trans will even handle the amount of power you'd need to be throwing down to run 11's. espeically 10's.

Your new here, so we don't know you. but it seems you might not know what it takes to do what your talking about. especially on a stock motor? stock a/t trans???? sorry bud.... I don't see it happening. call me crazy.

I also don't mean to come off as a super negative prick. I'm just speaking my mind, maybe trying to save you a LOT of hassle and problems.

Back