91 si B18 swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wes lee

SOHC Fury
decided to hold off on the mini me project for now. i wanted an LS FRANK from the start. my question is what block is strongest??? what block would you go with??? im converting to OBD1 and getting the rywire kit. i plan on turbo later on down the road. but i just want to run around with the stock LS and get to know the car all over again. i think ill appreciate the mods more when i know what stock felt like and was capable of vs. mods... thanks again.

i'd get a b18b bottom end. pretty much identical to the older b18a blocks, but seeing as how it'd be newer, its probably going to be in better shape.

is the hondata S300 the way to go. im willing to pay as long as there is a purpose. i want to be able to tune the shit outta my car. is the S300 overkill???

i just dont see the point of buying a rywire kit if im going to want Hondata later

this isn't a terribly difficult question yall. would a Hondata S300 be a wise investment... it would have to make tuning a little easier. especially LS-Vtec(maybe turbo)

All you need is Hondata S100 which is also good for turbo but you won't be able to self tune it unless you are a Hondata license tuner. Once you dyno tune it you are set but when you add more bolt ons and would like to make changes you will have to go back and retune. You can also look into Neptune which has all kinds of features as well, defenitely worth looking into.

thanks mono. i will read into the S100's. one of the main reason's for going with the Hondata over rywire or something less expensive(but still 100% functional) is the fact that you can tune the S300 with a laptop and a USB cord.

is the S300 something someone would use primarily in full race/full drag setups? im no mechanic, but i love to work on my shit. you mentioned Hondata licensed tuners... is this something i wouldnt be able to learn to do on my own? i want to tune it. i dont want ANY monkey laying his hands on my baby.

tuning isn't something you learn to do over night. it takes a long time for tuners to become really good at what they do.

^Agreed....probably one of the best things you could do is read if you want it done right just read up on what you want to do the more you know the easier it will make it when you go to work on your car

thanks for the replies... anyone know much about B20VTEC's??? in my search for B-swap info, ofcourse you're gonna see something about the B20B/Z. i have found many 90-93 integras for sale on craigslist for $1,000. this would be perfect given the condition and i would run around with the LS for a while till i can save up enough to do a PROPER build. ALL AT ONCE. i will be going turbo regardless what route... but should i consider the B20ZVTEC approach!? i read somewhere that they are shitty top end/definately not a highway car. were they running the wrong tranny configuration or what!? i think the guys were saying something like they would be at 4k at 70mph... ill double check that. im no mechanic but that sounded rather high. i figured a high reving B18 wouldn't hold a candle to a high reving B20. but i again... i know shit. let me know

wow. it really seems like i pissed somebody(s) off because i dont seem to get many replies. i ask pretty simple and direct questions... im not rude... and ive been repping people up that i felt gave me useful info. yet you guys seem to be more interested in answering some 15 year old who wants to know "WHAT ENGINE WILL MAKE ME FASTER THAN A SUPRA" and instead of telling him to search threads... yall actually stop and take the time to discuss what he should or shouldnt do. wtf???

Back