91 si hatch with 98 spec type R...transmission???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but it seems to be at a high r.p.m while in 5th gear and like gas mileage sucks...or is that typical???

It's possible it could be a JDM S1, which would be a B16 transmission IIRC. What RPM at you at when cruising(what speed) and what size tires are you using?

i will let you know tomorrow...tire size front 195/50/15 rears 195/60/15...and should i drive it in 5th at a certain speed and i will let you know the rpm per speed...like 60, 70, 80, 90...

You don't have to go fast or measure every speed, just what RPM it's at at a certain speed, like 3700rpm at 70mph in 5th or something like that.

btw, just curious what are your cruise RPM normally around? Just for comparison, my DOHC ZC transmission with Si FD is around 4000rpm at ~70-75mph(which is similar to what a B16 transmission turns).

Last edited:
akrite will post it later when i am leaving work...was in a rush this norning to work and foegot all abt it...lol...

well this morning i was doing 70mph and i was at 3500 rpm in 5th gear...what does that tell you???

bad news just right now abt to leave work i reversed outta my parking spot as normally as i do, but when i shifted to first my car jerked and shut off...when i started it up it wouldnt go into gear and my clutch pedal stay down, but if i pull it up with my hand a lil bit it pops back up but when i press down on the clutch it has no pressure...i am clueless...

N/A fast, you need the opposite of what you have.

Clutch issue, Im not sure so Ill let someone who actually knows chime in.

what do you mean i need the opposite???are you saying i cant be n/a and be fast???

whats IIRC??? and no tools necessary to fix the cable...do i need to buy any parts???

Back