91 teg front end conversion on crx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zack zerr

well i got a project crx and a parts integra... its a 89 crx and a 91 teg.. only reason for the conversion is i bought a fiberglass hood and jdm headlights for the teg... now i got a newer one... my question is what will i need off the teg for the conversion... no power steering hopefully... thanks

Um? what about PS? ps is optional its up to the user. 9 times out of 10 your crx has a regular rack you dont need ps. The body.. a teg is a civic so there for the fenders bumper and hood match. I can just picture some poor riced out crx....

the reason i asked is because i didnt know if the crx rack and pinion would fit on the front end of the teg. i dont care for power steering myself. so i guess the crossmember fit also?

From what I've been told, the crossmembers do not swap over but it's possible to put a non-PS rack on the PS crossmember(so just a simple rack swap).

By front-end conversion are you talking about just the exterior? If so, I'd imagine swapping over the core support too so the headlights, fenders, etc. would mount up correctly. I've seen the conversion on a 88-91 Civic sedan; honestly didn't look bad.

i just swap the steering rack from a 91 teg (powered) and had no problems putting it in a 91 CRX (Manual steering), the front cross member will not fit because the bolt holes are positioned at an angle (the front ones are closer together so the back ones are not aligned with them). now im sure wich one either teg or crx are the ones with the holes in a straight line but tthey are different.

ya i seen a crx on cardomain along time ago with a 95 teg front end and it looked nice. well hopefully i can find a new shell so i can do the conversion. thanks

Back