1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 teg sputtering! cant figure out why!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 91integraXSI, Sep 3, 2009.

1. 91integraXSI

91integraXSI New Member

hey guys i have a 91 teg with an OBD0 b16 that is sputtering. not misfireing cuz it idles smooth. i cant figure out why. i have changed my grounds, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, igniter, and triple checked timing and it is dead on. someone please help!!! im about sick and tired of this car and about to burn it!!!!

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

if you just changed the cap and rotor, check the timing.

3. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

are you running both o2 sensors, Im having a similar problem with my obd0 b16, it sputters i only had 1 o2 sensor hooked up, had a code 2, hooked up the second 02 sensor and it got worst. I have one in the header and one in my test pipe. I believe the sensors need to be in the upper part of the headers. Let me know how yours is set up

4. skellagher

skellagher Elder Driver

he should only need one o2 sensor hence obd0 check the ecu for flashing codes and if not try a different ecu. u can also change your fuel filter maybe spark plugs? just going through some of the shit thats not listed that you checked above.

5. Korax

Korax New Member

Dude a OBD0 B16 running on a PR3 or PW0 requires two O2 sensors. Don't give out crappy info. It will really run like shit and miss alot with only one.

91 Styling Civic, they should both be in the header. One reads the exhaust from two cylinders and the other reads the other two.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  6. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

thanks thats what i thought, I need to get the bungs welded in so i can get it running properly or do you know where i can find a header that is set up for the 2 02 sensors

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted