92-94 H22 into a 96 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VenomPowered

I have a question. I just bought a JDM H22 DOHC VTEC for my 1996 Prelude. I currently have the F22 SOHC piece of shit in my car now. I need the wiring schematic and help with wiring the VTEC into my wiring harness. I may be in left field here but i could use some help.

Also I am looking at getting SKUNK2 Cams what do you suggest or is there a better cam. I am a street racer and every once in awhile do street legal drags at RMR.

Also is there anything else I need to do or you recommend to do during the swap?

If you're not familiar with a knock sensor or IAB, you should do some more research before your swap, or get some help doing it. Read the section on h22a.org for an H22 swap into an Accord, it will be very similar to your situation.

A knock sensor is what it sounds like, it's a sensor on the block the detects whether your engine is knocking.

The IAB is the Intake Air Bypass, or secondary intake runners. They're a second set of intake runners that open at higher rev's and greater throttle angles that help the engine breathe better.

Your new ECU will look for both of these sensors, and will need to be wired up to avoid any codes being thrown.

You might have a problem with your new exhaust manifold connecting to your existing exhaust, but this can be solved at a muffler shop for $30. All other potential problems will most likely be covered in the swap guide at h22a.org

1996 Prelude with a single cam??? Crazy.....seen it done one time. My friend had a single cam in a prelude that was accually decent fast. I have never seen a single cam prelude stock.....i just dont get it. Is it like the super base model for the prelude or what?

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Dec 11 2003, 04:47 PM
Is it like the super base model for the prelude or what?

Yes, it's the Prelude S that was made from 92-96 with the same engine that came in 90-93 Accords, the F22A1.

e-bay has had lots of helms lately...check there first and maybe save a few $$$$.......helms rock,I love all of mine

Back