92-95 Civic front end swap Del sol.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joe42069

Hello. I was wondering if a 92-95 Honda Civic 3dr front end (hood, fenders, front bumper, headlights) would bolt directly onto a Del Sol without chopping up the radiator suport. Or will it need minor fabacation work to fit. I think that would be pretty neat. I would call it a Del Civic.

Joe

Quoted post[/post]]
fabrication required
yea fenders from a civic wont work. you have to modify the del sol ones to match up with the civic heads. plus you need to modify the civic bumper to meet the del sol fenders. jimboburgess also said that making the hood fit was a bitch because things dont bolt up exactly right.

i like the way jimbo's turned out. Itll work, but i think he did have to do some cutting.

The hinges for the hood are the worst part about the conversion. civic hinges are too tall, and sol hinges don't line up to the civic hood. you could weld it rather than bolting it on but that kinda leaves you stuck in the mudd.

The upper radiator support isn't that much of a pain, i enjoy welding so. . . necessary for the headlights, hood latch.

i chose to use body plastic and druaglass to fill in the gap around the headlight while using del sol fenders, an easier rout would be.
buying civic fenders and cutting the front 8-10 inches off and welding those in place of the front part of the sols fenders.

i think his car looks sick as hell
b6c109d2.jpg

so what...

del sol mean "of the sun"

or spell it completely wrong and think of it in english spelled by a 5 year old....

sol del civic...sun of the civic

or the correct way "hijo del civic" "son of the civic"

my bad, i took german in high school. No body knows spanish in america anyway way more people speak german, right?

screw the name, when people ask what type of car i drive, i say a del sol. if they notice it has a different front end good for them. From experience most people don't know andything about cars, and people don't want to talk about stuff they don't know about.

unless they seem like they know what they're talking about all i tell them is it's fast.

Back