92-95 Civic Information

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Can everyone post as much information as possible about this generation of Civics? Standard safety features, engines, trim levels and what's included in each level, mileage, known problems, etc? B said that airbags were on the drivers side on 92-93 and driver/passenger on 94-95. The EX had the option for passenger side airbags earlier. Can anyone confirm this?
I'm looking at getting a loan very soon on a Civic. It has to be under $3k for me to afford it. I found a 93Si HB the other day and wrote down the phonenumber in the window. I'm calling on it tomorrow. What should i expect to pay for it with average miles? The paint isn't in good condition, but the car is straight.
Thanks

Hatchbacks - CX, VX, DX, Si
Coupes - DX, EX (anyone feel free to add to this list - can't think of any others)

Since the Si is the top of the line hatchback for the Eg years. You can probably get it for 3000. My CX was 2600 a year ago. You could probably go lower if the paint isn't the best.

The Si has a SOHC VTEC putting out like 125 hp. I think an 11.9 gallon fuel tank. Not sure about the airbags. I just thought that all 1992-1995 Civics had driver airbag and no passenger. But I have a 1993 and haven't seen a 1994 yet. That's all I can think of. They're nice... a fantastic base for a swap (I think the Si is like 100 lbs. heavier than the other hatches but oh well)... good luck.

www.autos.msn.com

"edit"

I always get that backwards it should work now

it should list every option for any honda as with HP/TQ/weight/size EVERYTHING
sometimes they even list 1/4 mile and 0-60s

Prowler, Check out the article about the diffrence in all the EG's.

Also, if your looking at a hatch, the CX, VX, DX and SI were offered in hatch
Coupe, I belive it was the DX and EX only
4 door was LX and maybe DX.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Dec 21 2003, 04:38 PM
www.autos.msn.com

"edit"

I always get that backwards it should work now

it should list every option for any honda as with HP/TQ/weight/size EVERYTHING
sometimes they even list 1/4 mile and 0-60s

thanks, that's an awesome site for information.

rustang = soon to be gone because of college. looking to keep it til spring and start payments on a civic asap.

Back