92-95 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

can my single overhead cam zc engine drop into a 93 si civic? how hard would it be? what changes would be needed?
i ask because i have a zc engine that is in great condition and i just wanna buy the body of the civic because it will be way cheaper. I know there will be less power but its just to get around.
thanx guys.

Yes it does, i am about to drop a DOHC nonvtec zc into my 92 hatch, oh and does anybody wanna by my jdm dohc zc hydro tranny? :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
can my single overhead cam zc engine drop into a 93 si civic? how hard would it be? what changes would be needed?
i ask because i have a zc engine that is in great condition and i just wanna buy the body of the civic because it will be way cheaper. I know there will be less power but its just to get around.
thanx guys.

It should drop right in- just use all the sensors from the original engine and you should be ok. If the SOHC ZC is an OBD1 engine, it should plug right up (maybe the TPS sensor is backwards, not sure).

Quoted post[/post]]
does it grind ?? will it fit a b16?? are the gears more like a b16 or an LS

:shrug2: :no: Kind of like a GSR 1-4 with an ITR 5 and a super tall final drive... but it's about the best transmission you can bolt up to a D series transmission without going inside to change the gear ratios.

Quoted post[/post]]
:shrug2: :no: Kind of like a GSR 1-4 with an ITR 5 and a super tall final drive... but it's about the best transmission you can bolt up to a D series transmission without going inside to change the gear ratios.

:werd:

The best is a ZC with a Si final drive. I keep meaning to do that to mine.. I've got all the parts laying around, but I have no use for a D series trans. It would be a project just for fun.

I sold both a ZC transmission and an Si transmission... but I should have kept it around for Katie's car. She has a sedan transmission- same as the Si, but with a 4.058 final drive. Pretty good compromise between acceleration and economy without being as slow as the hatch's 3.888 final.

Quoted post[/post]]
I sold both a ZC transmission and an Si transmission... but I should have kept it around for Katie's car. She has a sedan transmission- same as the Si, but with a 4.058 final drive. Pretty good compromise between acceleration and economy without being as slow as the hatch's 3.888 final.
If you miss it buy mine :laugh:

Back