92-95 d16z6 into 00 hx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lickety_slickjj

so i have a 00 hx obd2b, auto, i am swapping it to a d16z6 manual. i have the motor, tranny, linkage, p28 ecu, obd2 to obd1 jumper, whole pedal assembly, well everything. i am just wanting to make sure about the wiring. i am still a little worried about the engine wiring. is there anything that i have to worry about besides what i allready have? if i need to i can put the whole harness from 92 -95 ex into my hx. i am just looking for some input on this swap.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank-you.

Since your car is not vtec already you need to wire up the vtec solenoid, and possibly knock sensor. I cant remember if the z6 has one or not im pretty sure it does though.

Since your car is not vtec already you need to wire up the vtec solenoid, and possibly knock sensor. I cant remember if the z6 has one or not im pretty sure it does though.

The HX isn't VTEC? I'm pretty sure it is. It's got the 3-stage VTEC-E, if I remember correctly.

^Oops, my bad I thought that said DX. lol.

Plug and play then, correct?

i am a pretty damn good mechanic, especially with my imports, but i just like to be prepared for everything if i can be....:driver: so any imput would be appreciated from someone that has done an auto to manual swap in a 99-00 civic or obd2b to obd1 swap.

Mind you I am not a mechanic, but it seems like you have most of your basics covered. I would suggest Rywire - Online Store for any other wiring needs. I do think that you may need different motor mounts, but I have not taken the time to research this, so please do not take my word. I do wish you the best on your build though. Keep us posted. :D

i do have the manual tranny mounts, i haven't even thought about the motor mount positions though??? both singles- both coupes, i don't think the motor mounts changed from 92-2000??? thank you for the input... i am doing this swap next weekend, hopefully it is only going to take one full good day??!- hopefully!!!........
any other input??

Back