92-95 EX manifold on 89 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grassyfields9

Okay I got an intake, rail, injectors etc. from a civic ex, I'm pretty sure it was the SOHC VTEC (there was no head left on the car) and I got the throttle body off of another D series MPFI civic (bolts up fine). I'm just a little worried cause all of the conversions that I have seen have the Si intake that has PGM-FI on the top of the manifold, the one I have is blank. Will these injectors work with the PM6 and are the sensors & connections the same I believe it is OBD1 intake, so I wanna make sure everything will connect okay before I start tearin at it.

Originally posted by b16efhatch@Apr 16 2005, 12:18 PM
I dont think the injectors will work unless you convert to obd1, not positive though.
[post=487807]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought I heard that somewhere, is it possible to match the resistance of the injectors w/o changing to OBD1. Do you know the difference in flow rates from the Si?

Originally posted by grassyfields9+Apr 16 2005, 05:49 PM-->
b16efhatch
@Apr 16 2005, 12:18 PM
I dont think the injectors will work unless you convert to obd1, not positive though.
[post=487807]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought I heard that somewhere, is it possible to match the resistance of the injectors w/o changing to OBD1. Do you know the difference in flow rates from the Si?
[post=487880]Quoted post[/post]​

the flow rate on the si and the odb1 injectors are the same, you can use that intake manifold and tb but you have to use your obd0 injectors, and you have to extend some wires on the manifold. but all in all you fell a little difference in using the 92-95 civic manifold over your 89 civic manifold.

u can use the obd1 injectors, u just got to take off the resisitor box becayuse the obd1 run off high impidence (sp?) and i believe the ef ones run off of low impidence (sp?). but yeah you can use the eg injectors on an ef, just got to take off the reisistor box

Originally posted by CrazyAzn@Apr 19 2005, 12:42 PM
u can use the obd1 injectors, u just got to take off the resisitor box becayuse the obd1 run off high impidence (sp?) and i believe the ef ones run off of low impidence (sp?). but yeah you can use the eg injectors on an ef, just got to take off the reisistor box
[post=488767]Quoted post[/post]​

if you do that then you have to use a obd 1 ecu, obd0 ecu can not control saturated obd1 injectors

Originally posted by ripperbone+Apr 20 2005, 07:06 PM-->
@Apr 19 2005, 12:42 PM
[post=488767]Quoted post[/post]​

if you do that then you have to use a obd 1 ecu, obd0 ecu can not control saturated obd1 injectors
[post=489351]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, you can use obd1 inj with a obd0 setup, just eliminate the resistor box by pinning the pins into a blockoff plug
1_injcap_open.gif

Then pin on obd1 inj pins... http://www.rywire.com/repininj.shtml

Back