92-95 greddy kit on a 4th gen si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

biglee414

sorry, im dind of a turbo noob, i mean i own a highly modded gsx, but i know very little about turbo hondas, i am looking at this turbo kit, would this kit greatly compromise the life of my motor? if so how much on a motor w/ less than 75,000. ive listed the kit below.

kit: COMPLETE 88-91 Civic/CRX Si turbo kit (D16-A6 motors). This turbo kit originated from the 92-95 D-series Greddy Street/Drag Turbo kit but is fabricated to work the civic/crx D-series application. My kit consists of 1 TDO4H (14G) with T3/T4 intake prop. The second turbo is a stock TDO4H (14G) from a stock DSM. This kit comes complete with all necessary plumbing/charge pipes, couplings, a Greddy 22x8 intercooler with some bent fins (but does not affect performance, pressure tested), and with Greddy S Type blow off valve. As for fuel delivery the kit will include a PR4 Integra ECU for fuel mapping, Tera 6 way check valves to bypass map sensor, 92-95 (black box), and a Vortec 12:1 FMU. For oil delivery, this kit will include (D16A6 oil pan tapped with oil fitting ready for turbo), a 3-foot steel braided oil line with AN4 fittings, and a high heat silicon return line

kit: COMPLETE 88-91 Civic/CRX Si turbo kit (D16-A6 motors). This turbo kit originated from the 92-95 D-series Greddy Street/Drag Turbo kit but is fabricated to work the civic/crx D-series application.

ok...

My kit consists of 1 TDO4H (14G) with T3/T4 intake prop.

I don't think this is possible... but get a 2nd opinion.
The second turbo is a stock TDO4H (14G) from a stock DSM.

so you are getting to turbos? or is the dude you are buying this from to stupid to know that all turbos have two halves???
This kit comes complete with all necessary plumbing/charge pipes, couplings, a greddy 22x8 intercooler with some bent fins (but does not affect performance, pressure tested), and with Greddy S Type blow off valve.

should be fine... if its made for your car... a couple bends might be slightly off.
As for fuel delivery the kit will include a PR4 Integra ECU for fuel mapping,

why would you want to use an LS ecu??? :bash:
Tera 6 way check valves to bypass map sensor,

ok.....
92-95 (black box),

what is this, an Airplane? WTF is a black box???
and a Vortec 12:1 FMU.
ok..
For oil delivery, this kit will include (D16A6 oil pan tapped with oil fitting ready for turbo), a 3-foot steel braided oil line with AN4 fittings, and a high heat silicon return line

Silicon return line? no. use braided stainless steel only.

so if i put this in would it last for a while, or should i just pass on this b/c the seller doesn't know what he's talking about?

it's a bullshit answer to say it will last a while.

hows the shaft play? how many miles on the turbo? was the bov used from day 1? as backwards flow can clip in the turbo and cause damage. was it always cooled down after being run (ie turbo timer) things like that can make or break the turbo. Is your motor up for it? hows the compression on it? leakdown? miles? things like that...

My kit consists of 1 TDO4H (14G) with T3/T4 intake prop.
I don't think this is possible... but get a 2nd opinion.
The second turbo is a stock TDO4H (14G) from a stock DSM.

umm... fyi... td04h = 15g... :)

As for fuel delivery the kit will include a PR4 Integra ECU for fuel mapping,
why would you want to use an LS ecu??? :bash:

umm... its a 4th gen Si... no vtec... dont matter... its chippable... and sometimes easier to chip than an obd0 ecu... :)

92-95 (black box),
calm down B... He's a n00b... I think he meant blue box..

and a Vortec 12:1 FMU.
ummm.... if your runnin a blue box, i believe you dont need check valves or an FMU or a different ECU

Silicon return line? no. use braided stainless steel only
Not to argue... but Regular lines CAN be used... I dont recommend using them if your oil line runs close to your downpipe...

Here's mine with Earl's hi temp safety covering on it
23993718-895b-02000180-.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 5 2003, 12:45 PM

the older greddy kits come with a little black box looking contraption, its basically an electronic missing link (voltage clamp)

Back