1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92-95 hb hood to 88-91 hb? Direct fit?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by Tokay, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Tokay

Tokay Member

I'm trying to convert my 4th gen hb hood, headlight assemblies, and front bumper to fifth gen. Im shaving the corner lamps and using the stock 4th gen fenders which I have flared 4 inches. Will I need to change the core support. before doing this or is it a direct crossover. Are the hood and lights direct bolt on? I would check the junk yards but they don't have any 5th gens where I live, to take the needed measurments.

Thanks for any help with this prob. :blink:

2. lsvteccrx

lsvteccrx Senior Member

i dont belive it will be a direct bolt on. i know that the latches are different but if it does fit, you can just mix and match the latches to work.

3. Tokay

Tokay Member

I don't plan on using the latches, just locking pins.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

The dimensions are different, so I highly doubt it will bolt right up.

5. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

No get a welder and start working

6. Tokay

Tokay Member

Cool I was just checking. Cuz if I did all the work I would be pissed if I didn't have to. Half the work is allready done anyway. Thanks for the feed back. One question
    Are the guys with these conversions using glass hoods or metal hoods. I'm not trying to cut up a $600 carbonfiber hood to do this. And metal hoods are a bitch in the weight department. But I'll cut up a fiber glass hood if I have to. Get back to me. Thanks again. :eek:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted