92-95 RIGHT HAND DRIVE CONVERSION

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbocivicracerx

HI, I AM GOING TO TRY AND TYPE THIS QUESTION BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE HAND RIGHT NOW. I WAS WONDERING WHAT IS ALL INVOLVED IN DOING A IGHT HAND DRIVE CONVERDION ON A 94 HONDA CIVIC EX. I AM GOING TO HAVE THE ENGINE OUT SO I DECIDED THIS WOULD BE THE TIME TO DO EVERYTHING THAT WOULD INMOBLIZE MY CAR FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. ALL OF YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRICIATED. THANK YOU TRISTAN.

Not to put you down, but its not worth it at all. You have to move around, the steering wheel, pedals, steering parts, get a new dash board, move all the wiring, air controls, brake parts...and probably lots more.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Jan 8 2005, 11:10 PM
Not to put you down, but its not worth it at all. You have to move around, the steering wheel, pedals, steering parts, get a new dash board, move all the wiring, air controls, brake parts...and probably lots more.
[post=443181]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree...I've never done it before but it sounds like its a pain in the a**.....
O well./...If you decide to do it..Good Luck......!

Ohh and another thing...How are you planning on doing this with one hand,......What happened the other one <_< ?

O MY HAND I WAS WORKING IN MY GARAGE AND WE WERE INSTALLING A CELLING AND LIGHTS. THE SHOP LIGHT THE BIG 4X2S THEY NEED TILTED IN AND MY SIDE WAS UP AND THE PERSON WHO WAS HELPING MINE WENT TO LIFT THERES THROUGH AND PULLED IT TO FAR SO IT STARTED TO FALL ON ME AND I WENT TO GRAB/KEEP IT FROM HITTING ME IN THE FACE AND THE WHOLE SIDE OF THE LIGHT SLID DOWN MY FIBERS AND IT CUT MY POINTER FINGER ON MY LEFT HAND HALF WAY DOWN AND OFF TO THE BONE. I HAVE A LOT OF STICHES IN IT BUT I CAN USE IT IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS. I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS CONVERSION IT SOUNDS INTRESTING AND I LIKE WORKING ON MY CAR I AM TAKING MY ENGINE OUT AND AM BUILDING A NEW ONE AND I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LOOK INTO THE IDEA. THANK YOU FOR ADVICE SO FAR.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jan 9 2005, 05:03 AM
calm down with the caps.
[post=443199]Quoted post[/post]​

His finger is cut in half :blink:

But really, you can type in all lower case to make everyone happy.

Doing a RHD conversion requires you having a front clip from a RHD car. You can do it two ways. One the unsafe shitty way is to cut the cars in half and reweld them, have access to a frame alignment thingy, and prepared for you car to fall apart while driving.

The other way is to remove everything from the bay, drill out the firewall spot welds, and reweld in the RHD firewall. Then you replace eveything using the RHD parts, to include steering rack, column, wiring, brake, and clutch lines, battery, dashboard, etc...

Is it worth it? Not really, since you have to get a front clip, and spend countless hours doing it (time is money) you might as well just track down an overpriced RHD car.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 9 2005, 01:38 AM
you might as well just track down an overpriced RHD car.
[post=443231]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

the "cool" factor wears off really fast
then it will just be extreemly annoying

Sry about the caps I was just trying to type and make it look cleaner than all lower case. lol Well thank you for all of your time I am going to have the engine out for a while why I finish building my new one, so I thought I would look into the posibility. All of your replys helped! Thx Tristan

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 10 2005, 04:54 PM
IF you need to ask how to do it you can't
[post=443642]Quoted post[/post]​

Really? So how does anyone ever learn to do anything?

well n his case he should call a shop and talk to the guy that does this all day, every day so he can tell him how to do it........i think its a complicated project that is verry detailed.....i bt no one knows exacly how to do it...or can give a solid explanation step by step......

I can give a step by step but the fact is this project can cause a serious safty risk to the diver, occupents, and other on the road if not done right. This is not a small dyi project it involves removing a main structrual comonent of the car and replacing it, reworking brake lines, sterring racks need to be changes and realigned, the wiring all need sto be moved and changed. The point i am making is if you don't have theknowledge to do this then start small till you can figure it out and only need help on smaller details.

Who said anything about me doing it myself? Im pretty sure i didnt say that. I would appreciate it if someone would re read my first post and answer the question i asked "What is invloved" Im not some idiot kid who dosn;t know what he is doing. If i would say "i am going to bore my engine" Do you think i would have a boring machine and just do it out in my garage? Some people just search the forums to be dicks, and honestly are idiots themselves. So for those of you who think they know so much more than anyone else :ufucktard:

If anyone would like to direct me to any vendor that would sell me the parts that are required for this please let me know, preferably someone who has done this before and actually knows what they are talking about, thank you

It would probably be cheaper to get one imported but.....
you would need an entire front lip (from the a piller forward) JDM dash, JDM the steering column, the JDM steering rack (it would be easier just to make it manual rather than tryin to re run all the hardlines for power steering) throttle cable etc.
http://www.jarcoinc.com imports clips
http://www.jdmshit.com also may have what you are looking for.

Originally posted by Turbocivicracerx@Jan 15 2005, 03:09 AM
Who said anything about me doing it myself? Im pretty sure i didnt say that. I would appreciate it if someone would re read my first post and answer the question i asked "What is invloved" Im not some idiot kid who dosn;t know what he is doing. If i would say "i am going to bore my engine" Do you think i would have a boring machine and just do it out in my garage? Some people just search the forums to be dicks, and honestly are idiots themselves. So for those of you who think they know so much more than anyone else :ufucktard:

[post=445871]Quoted post[/post]​

I AM GOING TO HAVE THE ENGINE OUT SO I DECIDED THIS WOULD BE THE TIME TO DO EVERYTHING THAT WOULD INMOBLIZE MY CAR FOR A PERIOD OF TIME.

I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS CONVERSION IT SOUNDS INTRESTING AND I LIKE WORKING ON MY CAR I AM TAKING MY ENGINE OUT AND AM BUILDING A NEW ONE AND I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LOOK INTO THE IDEA.

Just for fairness sake, nowhere does it mention you are going to take it to a shop. A lot of people on here do their own work, so that is first instinct when someone says I as much as you did. You're rebuilding your own engine right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back