92-96 Prelude Engine Wiring Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klacker1

EX all the way!
Can anyone provide me with any info on where I could purchase a complete wiring harness for a 92-96 Prelude V-tec besides at Rywire??? Thanks.

What do you need a complete harness for? What are you attempting to do?

And what's wrong with RyWire?

Well, I currently have a 90 Accord EX with an H22 Vtec Swap, only that it didn't come with the wiring harness so my mechanics used the harness form the accord and wired everything manually. Everything worked well, but from the start the Tach did not work and then it was idling really bad. I took it back and they fixed the idle. Now, it seems they moved location or are no longer in business and according to my dad (a mechanic for 25 years), the TPS may not be receiving the correct signals from the ECU sometimes because the car is running bad. e.g. I step on the gas and it starts to go and then seems as if I'm not stepping on the gas and then yes, no, yes, no... you get the picture. THEN, the check engine light will come on, but if it does, the car runs great! And when it doesn't, it runs bad... so I wanna get everything right on the car the way it should be instead of using alternatives. So I want the original harness and everything else that normally goes with the car.

Nothing wrong with Rywire, only that they want me to send in the harness, do the custom work themselves and then send it back to me... I'd rather buy the actual original harness right away.

Ah, ok. Generally though, that is the preferred way to do engine swaps. You retain the car's original engine harness and modify it to fit the new engine rather then swapping an entirely new harness in. There's no guarantees that the Prelude's engine harness will be plug and play with your chassis harness. If you mod the Accord's harness to fit the engine, then it's guaranteed to plug in to your chassis harness still. The shop did it the right way, it just seems that they didn't do a very good job of it.

Anyway, yeah, I don't really know of any place off the top of my head to get a harness from. Have you checked E-Bay?

Yeah, I've definitely checked ebay and probably every other online auto parts store, but nobody has it. The closest I've come is on ebay selling a non-vtec prelude harness. I guess if I have no luck finding one, I'll have to let Rywire custom make everything and send it back to me... at least that way it will be plug and play and I'll be good to go. Oh, and would anybody know if all those places that are now selling the TPS by itself are trustworthy? Normally the TPS sensor is sold only with the throttle body, which for my car, comes out to over $300, but I've seen them selling the TPS for around $40. I'm tempted to get one as mine is failing me but am not sure if it will actually work. Any feedback? Thanks.

Back