92 accord best swap ( f20a , f22a6 , or f22b dohc)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93 accord

I have the 93 accord that is only running on 3 cylinders and I am looking for something cheep to get it to run good. I was thinking of an h22 but can I use the same mounts. And will I have to get the harness too?

the cheapest ones would be a f22a which is a direct replacement or the f22b dohc which ive seen alot of places that have it cheaper then the f22a but you have to change a few things and might have to replace the ecu to run the car better.

the f22b dohc well bolt right up and well hook up to the wire harness and the ecu but the f22a ecu wont run the motor at its full potential i have heard many stories of the pt6 ecu running the f22b motor better then the p39 ecu and the f22b dohc is non vtec as is the f22b2 and the f22b1 is a vtec.

Last edited:
Should I go vtec and if I do I know I will have to get the ecu. I can get the ecu I just want the motor to bolt rite up and what about the transmission? What do I have to do to make it standard?

no you well have to wire it into the ecu which i havent done before because i am a wearied honda owner that doesnt want vtec lmao. but if you search the fourms you can find out how to wire the vtec in or you can bring up the question in the fourms you started but everyone well tell you to search the fourms cause its been brought up wayyy to many times. and the f22b1 and b2 arent really good choices imo are you looking for a cheap fast motor that can get pretty good numbers with a few things done cause the f22b dohc has pretty good numbers its basically a h23 with a f22 bottom end which is good to build up cause it has iron sleeves and the f22 bottom ends are pretty damn reliable.

According to the guys at CB7Tuner.com the F22a series heads outflow the F22b drastically. Not saying the F22bs arent good engines but Im more prone to the F22a/F20a. The H23 intake manifold also fits on these engines, even the f22b1, but the F22b2 requires notching for the vtec solenoid. I know it bolts onto both series A/B heads from my time working at Beavers Honda here in NC. I experimented with different combinations on my lunch breaks. The difference in the A/B heads are the water jacket ports. One is round F22b, and the F22a's is square.

yeah and if im not mistaken the f22a compression is also a little lower and you can always do head swaps as well and come out with a frankenstien and get a really nice turn out with that.

yeah and if im not mistaken the f22a compression is also a little lower and you can always do head swaps as well and come out with a frankenstien and get a really nice turn out with that.

This is true Fseries heads are interchangable much like B and D series. This means I can build a F20a SOHC with a F22b vtec head one day. :ph34r: Yeah they are great for boosting due to thier low compression ratio.

I'm just a newbe looking for info. I've only been here for 30 minutes and I can see already this is going to be fun.

You are correct :D

I know this is way late but I took the TPS off my old TB, I used a flathead screwdriver first to make a little divot in the metal then I used a hacksaw and cut a line into the head, then just unscrewed it with a flathead. Worked like a hot damn.

yes im sure that would be a beast with a little boost added in or a really nice all motor build as well sometime in the future i may look to do a h2b or g23 build out of my f22b dohc.

You are correct :D

I know this is way late but I took the TPS off my old TB, I used a flathead screwdriver first to make a little divot in the metal then I used a hacksaw and cut a line into the head, then just unscrewed it with a flathead. Worked like a hot damn.

yes i still have to do this to my old tb but i was lucky and my new one had different bolts in it and i use allen wrenches to get them off i thank to who ever put them on for me lmao.

Great for budgeting but I think the H23 vtec would be the same. Dont know though, ive always like the F20b myself. Bluetop FTW.

yeah i was gonna go with that but i didnt have the extra money for what i needed with it but i liked that more then the h22 or h23 and f22b but i am going in the route of a non vtec build which is the main reason i went with the f22b dohc.

yeah i was gonna go with that but i didnt have the extra money for what i needed with it but i liked that more then the h22 or h23 and f22b but i am going in the route of a non vtec build which is the main reason i went with the f22b dohc.

Bisimoto makes a F series non vtec look so great doesnt he?

Back