92 accord best swap ( f20a , f22a6 , or f22b dohc)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dont know, its not a listed item nut shouldnt be anymore than 20bux for it all seeing they dont charge for hoses and random wires.

hmm sounds good cause id rather replace it with the same thing rather then using fittings ill pm you about that when i can get the extra money to get that not making much money missing work at the moment.

coo cool i sure well alot more to replace on the motor then i thought but luckily most of it i can swap over from my old motor. now i just have to rewire the distributior . well once i can get the motor in the car.

so does anyone on here have a f22b dohc in there cb7???? i know most people go for the h22 or h23 before this one but i just wanna know what you think of the motor?????

I personally think its a good choice for your accord, I've done one f22B DOHC swap into a cb7 and engine fit the car well, and its nt the most common swap in the world either. So my two pennies, do it

thanks yeah i am definitely doing the swap the damn axel bolts just wont come off the last thing i can try before getting it towed to a shop to get them off them towed back to my house which would be a real pain is heating the bolts up and hope they come loose. i already have the motor its actually in my room lmao and yeah i wanted something kinda different which is why i went with it.

So the f22a block I have in there now can just bolt to an h23 head and I can wire up the vtec to my ecu or do I need a new ecu

yes you can bolt the h23 head up to the f22a block and it may be possible to use the stock ecu but it might not run the car the way it should because the stock ecu is for sohc and the head would make it a dohc so it might be better if you got a h23 ecu then you have to also put in a knock sensor.

hate to bust your bubble but i did the same thing i had a f22a1 in mine and i put the f22b1 and it is a headake i wish i would have never started it if u do convert it to 5 speed make sure that all of your motor mounts will line up properly bc i have run into that now and i can find aftermaket mounts to complete my swap

hate to bust your bubble but i did the same thing i had a f22a1 in mine and i put the f22b1 and it is a headake i wish i would have never started it if u do convert it to 5 speed make sure that all of your motor mounts will line up properly bc i have run into that now and i can find aftermaket mounts to complete my swap

If you're talking about the transmission mount, you need to hack off the old one and weld a manual mount in place...

well still havent been able to get the axle bolts off but its also hard to try with a sprained foot but in the mean time im just searching around for the p39 ecu i called the company i bought the motor from and they dont have it and i checked ebay and didnt have any luck there either i dont really want to get any other ecu cause i dont want to chip a p06 or p28 and have to got through all the trials and errors of getting the basemaps to run correctly and i know i can use a p14 and put a knock sensor on the block ive been told that pretty easy but ive never dont it myself. and im also not sure if i want to try and rig up the power steering some how but if i dont then i well end up driving it with out ps which idk if itll be tough or not i dont think id have a problem with it but then if i cant drive the car for some reason and someone else had to i wouldnt want then not being able to handle it and hitting something or someone lmao. so im just gonna be waiting for my foot to not be sprained and keep trying and hopefully get this swap done soon im tired of talking about it and not getting it finished yet well throw any info you guys have at me and you can be sure im doing my homework with searching all over the place as well.

im not gonna have to get stuck doing that just yet cause mine wont be changed to a 5 spd until or if i go boost.

im not putting the f22b1 into my car im putting the f22b dohc non vtec from the jdm prelude si.

so i was messing around taking so stuff off the a1 that i have to swap over and i happend to look under the intake manifold to see that mine has the black box under it now i thought they only came on the a6 and i dont think the manifold was swapped.

okay so the axles are out after not being able to try for the past month and i plan to have the motor out this saturday and if we have enough time we should be able to drop in the new motor and possibly have my car back on the road within the week after its almost 7 months off of it.

ookay the motor is in the car finally and ive got almost everything done to get it started it took us about 6 hours with the swap it was a very tight squeeze to get the motor in im hoping to get it started tomorrow.

okay so the car has been started and driven but my d4 light blinks 4 times which is for the VSS which i replaced and it still does it. and my battery light is on and my battery is not holding or being charged. i had the alternator checked and that was good. idk if the started would have something to do with this at all?

okay so i got the battery problem fixed i felt really stupied about where i had the battery cable that goes to the fuse box lmao i thought it was a ground of sorts lmao. but i still am working on the d4 light problem i have een able to test the car a little and damn does the car pull really good. before the d4 light starts blinking i can easily keep up with my friends h22 type S swapped civic which is fast as hell he actually beat my other friends 5.0 mustang. so i know this car can move really good but i just have to try and change the VSS again and change the shift selonoids on it and hope that helps it stop blinking. any info on this well be helpful and yes i am searching it as well.

Back