92 accord f22b1 swap prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

agent420

Hello All I have a 92 accord with a 96 f22b1 every thing was running fine when all the sudden my Rpms would be limited to 3500 ? Any ideas ?

Also I was told I would need the harness and ECU from A 96 accord to finish the swap ? Can any one give me some advice Im new to the tuner world been
doing V8+ perfomance for years so Im not new to the mechanical side of things

WTF are you talking about srry but I am Completely new to the import world let me layout the complete history of me and this car isnt much but maybe it will help someone help me cause I depseratly need it I just got evicted an all We have is a Car that we've had for like 3 weeks I have searched everywhere but have not found any answers on my own So I look to the expertise of some of you

Revised from above

Ok I have a 1992 accord Manual Tranni. with a f22b1 I was told came out of a 1996 accord so far until last night being sunday night I was in fourth hit the vtec at my switch @ about 4k Rpm went fine then a rev limit kicked in @ 3500 rpm the car hauled ss before this happend it has the original 92 ECU and the 92 wiring harness the map sensor hasn't been hooked up neither was one of the O2 sensors when I bought the car I was told I would need the 96 ecu and wiring harness to complete theres part of the problem I cant find anywhere where I get a ecu and wiring harness and I am also confused about the conversion harness things Please let me know if you can help I am completely new to the honda/import world I have built a ton of chevy's/Gm motors but there no where near the same
frown.gif
PLEASE HELP !!!!
Thanks For your help in advance
Rob

I have been told it was my ECU, My coil (checked that and its good ) fuel pump wires

Last edited:
it sounds like its a bad distributor, if it is sometimes it will go into limp home mode just so you can get home and it wont let you go over 3500 rpm

Yeah I was told by someone that the computer was in safe mode and that it wont mess up the car any since the computer automatically stops all signals that could cause harm and limits the rpms to a lvl that couldnt do any dmg im getting a new distributor on the 24th had to order it :(

Yall aint gonna belive this shit It was the fucking Fuel injector pigtail was unplugged just enough but it works now all the way to 6700 rpms :)
thanks for the help but I figured it out always check your injector wires

Back